Duke Health Integrated Practice is an exceptional, multi-specialty physician practice encompassing 140 clinics across North Carolina. We attract and retain premier medical professionals with competitive compensation, benefits, and a nurturing work atmosphere that unites passion and purpose.
Learn more about us:
lan, coordinate and administer activities within assigned program areas; develop, coordinate and advise on policy related to assigned major programs.
- Serve as primary contact for attorneys and paralegals securing med/legal services from the team of pathologists, independently determining eligibility for services/program through detailed intake process.
Works with legal teams from initial inquiry and intake to ongoing oversight of caseload, case progress, court/legal system requirements and adherence, and billing services until cases are settled.
- Case creation and maintenance- obtain medical records, patient histories, exposure summaries, product information, causation reports; order materials; create/manage case databases; set daily schedules for pathologists’ review of cases; transcribe cases to Maestro; maintain case information in appropriate review queues based on court deadlines for completion; ensure cases are prepared timely per court deadlines; review legal documents and judge’s orders, interpret directives and ensure any legal stipulations are adhered to.
- Maintain chain of custody of all medical materials; schedule depositions and all trial testimony; gather all reliance materials for court dates; research and record all case data. Coordinate consultation requests and court appearances where pathologist is needed as SME. Coordinate medical conferences.
- Ensure all DHIP required Umbrella and Addendum Agreements are completed for each attorney securing services from Duke pathologists.
- Oversight of financial invoicing, billing, collections/receivables using Med/Legal Billing System for services rendered (medical reviews, expert witness testimony and consults, etc).
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program with one year of experience in program administration or event production.
OR two years of postsecondary education with three years of experience in program administration or event production.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Some roles within our organization may encompass essential job functions requiring distinct physical and/or mental capabilities. Further details and accommodation requests will be addressed by individual hiring departments.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment, fostering a diverse workforce without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We aspire to build a community grounded in collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our shared achievements rely on a dynamic exchange of ideas, flourishing best when a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences thrive. Upholding these values is a collective responsibility within our community.
This job description aims to outline representative responsibilities for this title, not an exhaustive account of specific duties. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks beyond those explicitly outlined here.
Explore Duke Health Integrated Practice
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.