DHTS SERVICE OPERATIONS CENTER ANALYST - I
At Duke Health, we're driven by a commitment to compassionate care that changes the lives of patients, their loved ones, and the greater community. No matter where your talents lie, join us and discover how we can advance health together.
About Duke Health Technology Solutions
Pursue your passion for caring and innovation with Duke Heath Technology Solutions, which is dedicated to the transformation, development, and management of enterprise information technology solutions across Duke Health. By harnessing the power of innovative technologies like cloud computing and artificial intelligence — and pairing them with a forward-thinking approach — Duke Health Technology Solutions is revolutionizing the future of health care at Duke Health and beyond.
Position Title DHTS SERVICE OPERATIONS CENTER ANALYST
Job Description General Description of the Job Class
The Service Operations Center (SOC) Analyst is responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests in support of using information technologies. The SOC Analyst will provide IT technical and application support to the Duke Health community and is responsible for identifying incidents, events, analyzing problem trends, and overseeing the management and resolution of issues The SOC Analyst must understand the complexity, and interdependencies of the various systems, applications, and infrastructure deployed in support of information technology and VoIP telephony services. The SOC Analyst must be creative and flexible with strong communication skills and possess the ability to interact with coworkers and customers at all levels, often under pressure. In addition to being proficient with computer systems used in multimedia production, the SOC must have technical acumen, excellent communication skills, and troubleshooting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
• Provide 1st level technical and customer support via phone, web submission or email.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
• Maintain ownership of the entire ticket lifecycle by monitoring all customer support calls in the call tracking system, returning calls from customers, and entering new tickets into the call-tracking database.
• Open tickets and escalate problems to appropriate groups outside the Service Desk when necessary.
• Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
• Evaluate documented resolutions, analyze trends, develop, and improve processes and procedures that are efficient and restore customer services quickly.
• Participate in cross-team projects in developing and documenting procedures for triage and problem resolution of new applications, information technology or VoIP telephony related services
• Participate in a rotation providing 24x7x365 support.
• Participate in a technical escalation of IT issues, collaborating with both application and operational teams through systems analysis, diagnosis, trouble-shooting, performance analysis and resolution.
• Develop knowledge base articles and work instructions for use by department and inclusion into knowledge base of record.
• Follows DHTS ITIL process workflows to ensure operational tasks and activities are being followed for incident, request, change and event management.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Exceptional multi-tasking capabilities
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education: Bachelor degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical or
Call Center experience required.
Experience: Level 1- One year of IT or Call Center experience required.
Must have a current N.C. driver’s license
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke Health Technology Solutions
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.