Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - DUH - General & Trauma Services Clinic 2B2C- Durham
At Duke Health, we're driven by a commitment to compassionate care that changes the lives of patients, their loved ones, and the greater community. No matter where your talents lie, join us and discover how we can advance health together.
About Duke University Hospital
Pursue your passion for caring with Duke University Hospital in Durham, North Carolina, which is consistently ranked among the best in the United States and is the number one hospital in North Carolina, according to U.S. News and World Report for 2023-2024. Duke University Hospital is the largest of Duke Health's three hospitals and features 1048 patient beds, 65 operating rooms, as well as comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center, an endo-surgery center, and more.
General & Trauma Services Clinic 2B2C Outpatient Clinic at Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a Licensed Practical Nurse who embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together
Qualifying candidates will receive a $5,000 Commitment Bonus!
The trauma and critical care surgeons at this clinic provide care to people who experience complex abdominal problems, including medical emergencies such as appendicitis, bowel obstructions, or gallbladder flare ups. Emergencies may also include other traumas, such as wounds.
Duke Clinic,40 Duke Medicine Cir, Clinic 2B/2C, Durham, NC
- Work requires graduation from an Accredited Practical Nurse Program.
- Current State of North Carolina or Compact Licensure is required.
- Nurses with a multi state compact license must obtain NC state licensure within the first 90 days of employment.
- BLS certification is required.
- No experience required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing plan of care. Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care. Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of new policies.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance improvement activities.
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance; assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other conferences within the service.
- Assist in the training of new employees.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke University Hospital
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.