PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE (DUHS Commitment Bonus Eligible)
Duke Health Integrated Practice is an exceptional, multi-specialty physician practice encompassing 140 clinics across North Carolina. We attract and retain premier medical professionals with competitive compensation, benefits, and a nurturing work atmosphere that unites passion and purpose.
Learn more about us:
$5000 Commitment Bonus | Paid out in 2 equal installments over 12 months in 6-month increments (received at 6 months and 12 months). **Only new hires who have not worked for Duke University Health System in the past 12 months (at the time of offer) are eligible to receive the commitment bonus.**
oordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment scheduling. Position also involves customer service, message distribution, ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals management.
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities. Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts. Pick up X-rays, office charts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag. File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation. Return medical records. Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the encounter forms.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice. Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care. Verify patient demographic data. Edit Maestro Care as needed. Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit. Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure. Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts. Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due. Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents. Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure. Coordinate all labs/procedures as requested. Maintain private physician office charts.
- Prepare encounter forms. Investigate and account for missing encounter forms. Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching. Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care.
- Schedule tests and procedures. Complete and distribute ancillary service requisitions.
- Explain billing to patients according to PRMO credit and collection policies. Determine the amount of cash to be collected based on insurance plan.
- Check-out patients. Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and others. Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely. Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards.
- Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Some roles within our organization may encompass essential job functions requiring distinct physical and/or mental capabilities. Further details and accommodation requests will be addressed by individual hiring departments.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment, fostering a diverse workforce without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We aspire to build a community grounded in collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our shared achievements rely on a dynamic exchange of ideas, flourishing best when a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences thrive. Upholding these values is a collective responsibility within our community.
This job description aims to outline representative responsibilities for this title, not an exhaustive account of specific duties. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks beyond those explicitly outlined here.
Explore Duke Health Integrated Practice
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.