Service Access Manager - Neurosciences - 1L
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Service Access Manager who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Service Access Manager will manage service access activities and staff to achieve continuous and optimal patient care.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of a clinic/department to include establishing and maintaining systems for patient flow through the clinic/department and the utilization of clinic and ancillary facilities and manpower.
- Direct and coordinate all scheduling, check-in, check-out, and financial services activities within the clinic/department.
- Actively participate on committees to achieve desired outcomes and ensure follow-up on action plans (operating processes, policies and procedures, utilization of space, increase revenue, supply utilization, personnel, etc).
- Serve as a representative for the clinic/department to both internal and externa l groups.
- Plan and schedule work for the front-end staff, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties. Train new personnel.
- Communicate and model the values of DUHS through orientation, development, mentoring, performance counseling and evaluation of staff. Plan and implement strategies to promote effective recruitment, retention and development of diverse work teams.
- Directly responsible for all personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, vacation schedules, and maintaining payroll records and time reports.
- Coordinate diagnostic and treatment activities of the clinic/department with services of other departments to ensure effective patient care and efficient service.
- Greet and provide assistance to visitors and patients. Explains policies and procedures, and resolves problems.
- Maintain liaison with professional medical staff and other personnel in administrating policies and procedures regarding patient flow and utilization of space, time, supplies, and equipment.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve patient care and utilization of clinic/department resources.
- Maintain interface with physicians, patients and administrative staff to provide information and to resolve problems relating to clinic services. Collect and analyze data for the preparation of composite reports and special projects. Generate, analyze and/or interpret entity-specific reports relating to department performance, staff performance, financial performance. Independently execute appropriate action plans based o n findings.
- Enforces regulatory and compliance requirements (HIP PA, JCAHO, etc). Accountable for understanding, enforcing and following all internal controls, particularly as they relate to cash management policies and procedures.
- Directly involved in the preparation of department budget. Make budgetary recommendations and projections. Monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds, compiling information reflecting expenditures, and develop cost-comparisons. Identify cost savings within the operation.
- Coordinate and supervise activities performed in determining sponsorship eligibility, making financial arrangements, and establishing fees.
- Generally reports to a Health Center Administrator/department head with responsibility for multiple sites.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
High school diploma required. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Requires six years of experience of a progressive nature in a healthcare setting to become knowledgeable of the complex activities associated with healthcare services.
- An Associate's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for two years of experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for four years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry experience
- Skilled in working with spreadsheets, databases and power point presentations
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong customer service background and experience
- Ability create and apply specific departmental policies, rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms
- Knowledge and ability to apply situational leadership skills
- Ability to effectively lead teams and establish and maintain effective relationships with other personnel
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Patient Revenue Management Organization
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.