Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Duke Health Access Services (DHAS) is committed to providing outstanding service for our patients, providers, and administrators. In this position the staff member should be committed to building a warm and inviting experience while performing multiple tasks. They should be a self-starter and possess strong work ethics. They must be able to manage multiple priorities effectively and take ownership to resolve complex, intradepartmental problems. They should be able to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment.
DHAS staff members support the following values and behaviors through their daily actions and decisions:
Trust - Be honest; follow through; have confidence in each other
Respect- Be understanding; listen; consider other viewpoints; give others credit
Ownership- Be accountable; admit mistakes; offer solutions
Collaboration- Work together; share ideas and information; communicate openly
Support- Express gratitude; be present; help others
Kindness- Be genuine; be considerate; show empathy
This position will be responsible for performing essential tasks required for the creation of provider scheduling templates within the MaestroCare system. In addition, they coordinate key components of template changes and patient notification involved in provider and clinic relocations and the opening of new facilities. Individuals in this position will be Cadence certified and report to the Manager of DHAS Support Services.
- Serve as liaison among DHAS, Revenue Management, Clinic Management and Maestro Care teams for development, deployment, support, testing, and implementation involving provider templates in Cadence.
- Manage new referral request process, including referral work queue design for new clinics and clinic relocations, researching request details with clinic/division requestor, and making recommendations to referral workgroup regarding referral orders and workflow.
- Test and implement build activities and provide expertise in the areas of design, build, testing, and scheduling processes around provider scheduling templates.
- Represent DHAS Support Services at validation sessions, regular facility maintenance meetings, hospital-based conversion meetings, and clinic relocation/implementation meetings.
- Create and carry out deployment tasks, and participate in build, testing, and support.
- Advise and assist with complex template build, including updates to MaestroCare master files.
- Educate and train end- users via face-to-face, phone, email, WebEx and classroom training classes on complex template build and referral process
- Act as Maestro Care Cadence application expert for template build functionality and referral workflow
- Evaluate and respond to the Support@Duke service now tickets for department’s assignment groups.
- Research and advise customers on best practice for visit types, blocks, block releases and other template components; serve as gatekeeper for new visit type requests. Make recommendations and forward to DHAS/Service Access/IT group for approval.
- Generate provider patient reports for departing providers and relocating providers to facilitate patient communication
- Coordinate appointment conversion activities for new clinic acquisitions and hospital-based clinic conversions, including the coordination of patient notification via letter and telephone reminder.
- Maintain coordinate with outside vendors for mailing of patient letters and updates to automated appointment reminder system. Serve as resident experts on appointment communication methods.
- Provide hands-on support to clinics and DHAS Access Centers as needed during conversions and go-lives.
- Collaborate with management and end users to request, test, and implement changes to the Cadence system
- Provide system production support including the analysis, prioritization, and implementation of requested changes
- Responsible for Epic upgrade/new version testing, validation, and implementation
- Responsible for template-related components in Master Files, such as blocks, appointment durations, block settings in DEP, provider mapping to DEP
- Responsible for Master File maintenance including keeping all test systems coordinated for template build-related components
- Develop and document system and user procedures as necessary
Candidates without Cadence certification at time of hire are expected to successfully complete the certification process within 6 months of hire. The certification process includes attending a formal Epic training program requiring attendance at the training facilities in Verona, Wisconsin. Training for certification includes classroom instruction, project assignments, competency exams and e-learning classes. Failure to obtain Epic certification within the defined timeline may result in termination.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, with focus on business or healthcare related fields OR equivalent technical and/or management experience (4 years) in health care settings such as outpatient clinics or access centers. Epic Cadence Certification preferred. Management experience is highly preferred.
Strong technical skills, preferably using Epic electronic health record software
Experience working with health care providers and administrators
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent customer services skills
Ability to lead teams and reach consensus
Ability to manage multiple projects and achieve targeted completion dates
Ability to think critically to develop technical solution to problems
Attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to translate business process into technical solution
Knowledge of project management
User technical support/training
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.