Brand Creative Manager
Brand Creative Manager
Job Code: 5271
Pay Target: G1
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Summary Job Description
The brand creative manager leads the planning and implementation of brand creative and advertising. This position is involved in all aspects of brand development and plays a lead role in the day-to-day application of our brand positioning across communications and marketing initiatives. This role requires an eye for creative that stands out and consistently communicates on message.
This position is a hybrid of remote and in-person work, reporting in person weekly at a minimum on Thursdays.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and is passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Duke Health Marketing and Communications is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the team regarding brand creative, including guideline development and adherence, as well as providing creative art direction. (50%)
- Provides daily direction to the design team, advising the team on creative that aligns with our visual identity and branding.
- Develops messaging that supports the creative channel and our brand positioning.
- Continually monitors, identifies, and implements opportunities to strengthen our visual identity and branding guidelines.
- Leads team members on branding guidelines and provides support and oversight to help them apply the brand in their projects.
- Leads campaign concepting and design prioritization with our design team.
- Keeps business partners regularly informed of progress related to planned initiatives and collateral material development.
- Plays a lead role in our creative and media agency relationships, brand campaigns and content, and awareness advertising. (40%)
- Plans and implements brand campaigns, including media planning, brand messaging, and creative campaign development.
- Regularly provides feedback and direction to vendors and partners, ensuring projects stay on budget and within timeline.
- Leads production for brand campaigns, coordinating with all involved team members and vendors.
- Perform other related branding and advertising duties incidental to the work described herein. (10%)
Successful candidates will have:
- Commitment to demonstrate and support a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- An eye for attention-grabbing creative that consistently communicates on message
- High-quality writing and editing, specifically developing creative, concise, easy-to-understand content
- Excellent communication with the ability to provide direct and applicable feedback
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Excellent time management and prioritization with the ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes
- Dedication to champion cross-functional teams in an open, positive, and inclusive environment
- Ability to serve as an advocate for individuals of all ethnicities, genders, ages, and backgrounds
- Bilingual proficiency preferred
- Knowledge or experience in healthcare desired
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or a related field is required.
Four years of directly related experience in brand creative, marketing, or communications, with demonstrated experience in driving the implementation of strategic brand creative plans and tactics.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Job Code: 00005271 MARKETING MANAGER
Job Level: G1
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.