Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Case Manager- DUH Weekend Option ED 7a-7p
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Manage a designated caseload to coordinate and complete timely assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of discharge plans and care transitions across the continuum of care. Ensure optimum utilization of the patient's and the Health System's resources and perform these duties within the requirements of CMS and other external review agencies.
- Monitor daily census and assignment to assure all patients are assessed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Case management needs including care coordination/transition and discharge planning, consultations, advocacy, education. Maintain effective communication with health care team members related to assessment findings, discharge planning needs and provider orders needed to arrange Homecare, Durable Medical Equipment, Transportation, Skilled Nursing or Acute Rehab Facility placement, Substance Abuse Treatment and outpatient follow-up.
- Maintain working knowledge of specific benefits and reimbursement guidelines, the discharge planning process and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide education and guidance on these topics to providers, patients and families as needed.
- Work with Utilization Management partners to provide information and feedback that will enhance negotiations and denial prevention with payers.
- Maintain timely documentation of assessment findings, discharge arrangements and actions taken according to departmental guidelines; prepare reports and maintain records as requested and/or required.
- Participate in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities as requested.
- Job responsibilities may include site specific duties, weekend/holiday or after hours coverage as designated at each entity.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers internal and external to Duke Health System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work effectively in a self-directed role Ability to multi-task, capable of daily problem-solving complex issues Excellent written and verbal skills Basic computer skills necessary
BSN or MSW required
3 years of relevant experience
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Requires Case Management Certification (ACM, CCM or ANCC) within 2 years or of hire. BSN required and must have current or compact RN licensure in state of NC. MSW
Job Code: 00005013 CASE MANAGER
Job Level: G2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.