Chargemaster Analyst - Revenue MGMT - CDM - Remote
REMOTE POSITION: Monday - Friday (8am - 5:00pm)
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Chargemaster Analyst who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
- 100% Remote
- Monday – Friday (8a – 5p)
- Responsible for the oversight of Charge Description Master functions and reimbursement analysis within the Revenue Management Department of the PRMO.
- Serve as a member of the Revenue Management team and subscribe to the vision, values and expectations of the Duke University Health System.
- Responsible for building / maintaining charge codes and working with revenue leakage opportunities.
- Responsible for conducting quality control audits to ensure data/documentation integrity, and communicating findings and recommendations, explaining regulatory requirements, and overseeing the corrective actions for audits within the operational units for Charge Description Master.
- Compile information and/or prepare reports and analyses setting forth results of data integrity findings with appropriate recommendations; perform subsequent audits to ensure complete and appropriate corrective action for timely completion of missing charges by department.
- Perform and follow up with appropriate health team members to ensure accurate and complete handling of Missing Charges and Billing.
- Works collaboratively with the appropriate operational leaders at each entity to develop necessary education strategies to promote complete and accurate clinical documentation, charge capture to mitigate and/or correct negative trends.
- Maintain high productivity and quality with minimal supervision.
- Yearly continuing education is required.
- Ability to understand and analyze pay or regulations and the impact to the Chargemaster on reimbursement and coding guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines.
- Possess effective time management skills to permit handling of a large workload.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT/HCP CS, UB-04 Revenue Coding, modifiers, billing regulations and APCs.
- Must have a good understanding of the CDM and its relationship to related areas such as the General Ledger, cost Accounting, Productivity, Cost Reporting and Budget.
- Knowledge of clinical settings such as Laboratory, Radiology, Physical or Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Cardiology, or Oncology Ability to research complex coding and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical skills.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or a related field is required.
Four years of related experience required.
** Revenue integrity, chargemaster/CDM experience strongly preferred.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Coding certification (AAPC, AHIMA) is strongly preferred. *Must pass EPIC Resolute HB Charging Administration exam within 6 months of hire unless already has this EPIC proficiency
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Patient Revenue Management Organization
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.