Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Clinical Dietitian - Adult Inpatient Float - Nutrition Services - Durham, NC
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Clinical Dietitian - Adult Inpatient Float - Nutrition Services – Durham, NC
General Description of the Job Class
Coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients in a variety of settings. Perform duties in support of and in compliance with performance improvement plans, JCAHO, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
Function in a supervisory role as a team leader in addition to the duties and responsibilities of Level I.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with the patient's medical goals. Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs of hospitalized patients and out patients using established standards of care and practice guidelines.
- Identify and provide age-specific nutrition counseling to meet the cultural needs of the patients and their families.
- Develop, review, update and implement educational materials to meet the needs of patients and professionals.
- Write order for diet, supplement, enteral/parenteral nutrition and laboratory data per hospital policy. Function as an integral member of the clinical interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain registered dietitian (RD) status including continuing professional education per the Professional Development Portfolio.
- Precept dietetic interns and provide on the job training for newly hired clinical staff. Supervise daily work of dietetic technicians, registered; provide input into evaluation but doesn't directly evaluate their performance.
- Comply with Nutrition Services meeting and attendance standards.
- Perform all the duties and responsibilities of Level I.
- Complete monthly performance improvement reports.
- Assist the department director in reviewing and updating department policies and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate the work schedule and daily work load of the clinical dietitians and dietetic interns.
- Other duties assigned by the department director
Required Qualifications at this Level
Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or comparable major.
Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of not less than 900 hours under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian.
Same as Level I
One year in an acute care environment preferred; experience may be waived for specific positions.
Two years in an acute care environment with one-year supervisory experience preferred; experience may be waived for specific positions.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days of hire.
Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition; proviso for license-eligible dietitians as above Level II
Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition
Or equivalent combination of experience and education
Job Code: 00005034 CLINICAL DIETITIAN
Job Level: E2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.