Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
COMPLIANCE AUDITOR - REMOTE MUST RESIDE IN NORTH CAROLINA
REMOTE MUST RESIDE IN NORTH CAROLINA
General Description of the Job Class
Conduct health-system wide compliance audits to ensure data integrity, compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to but not limited to: federal healthcare program requirements, clinical trials billing, privacy, conflict of interest, and anti-kickback and physician relationships. Interpretation of applicable federal and state law & regulations to plan audit parameters, determine department's compliance with such regulations and communicate to department necessary changes in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Responsible for conducting non-routine audits, documenting & communicating findings and recommendations, explaining regulatory requirements, and overseeing the corrective actions for audits within DUHS
- Conduct risk assessments and preparation of work plans.
- Develop an understanding of the operations, system processes and procedures used in areas being audited.
- Review and test for compliance with institutional policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations through the inspection of physical operations, processes, retrieval and review of documents and investigation of irregularities and errors.
- Compile information and/or prepare reports and analyses setting forth results of compliance audits with appropriate recommendations; perform subsequent audits to ensure complete and appropriate corrective action.
- Develop recommended corrective actions to address issues detected.
- Actively participates in exit conferences, providing clarification and supporting information necessary.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, management, healthcare administration, other related degree.
Four years of experience related to legal, regulatory compliance, patient advocacy, supervisory role in patient financial services or HIM services, or other relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowlege of billing compliance, anknowledgege of Medicare/Medicaid regulations, including billing, coding and document requirements. Code certification (e.g. CPC, CCS, RHIA, RHIT) or applicable experience is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of federal regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
Patient Service Associate-Full Time-Duke Urgent Care South-Duke Primary Care
DUKE PRIMARY CARE Full Time Durham, North Carolina
PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE - DUKE URGENT CARE SOUTH
DUKE PRIMARY CARE PRN (Per Diem) Durham, North Carolina
Call Center Representative - Food Services
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time Durham, North Carolina
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.