Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Device Support Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham
The Device Support Analyst provides remote and on-site support and maintenance for workstations, printers, and peripheral devices. The Device Support Analyst fields customer questions and problems, and uses their technical knowledge to independently resolve the issue, or partner with the appropriate Duke IT technical resource to identify the solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, provide accurate, timely, and effective solutions for end user computer problems to ensure end user productivity.
- Provide timely response to customers, in accordance with service level agreements.
- Research, resolve and respond to incidents and requests reported by customers regarding end user devices, (e.g. workstations, printers, peripheral devices, etc.) along with some ancillary support for application issues.
- Use systems and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues, either resolving the issue at hand or escalating to the appropriate technical expert.
- Communicate issues effectively to customers, team members, technical experts and management. Maintain regular communication with all impacted groups until the project/problem/task is brought to resolution.
- Respond to routine customer questions about usability and functionality of hardware and applications. Provide basic education and training to customers, as necessary.
- Maintain accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system.
- Update asset management system to correctly record the life cycle and status of desktop hardware, peripherals, and software.
- Test and ensure applications are correctly installed and configured on workstations.
- Participate in team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve the problem resolution process.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all procedures regarding end user device support and operations.
- Engage with customers and DHTS internal resources to identify trends, training opportunities, and service improvement opportunities.
- May participate in 24X7 on call rotation.
- Assist and support the Security Office and Device Support leadership in monitoring and scanning for security and risk. Ensure that the appropriate security measures are taken in day-to-day work.
- Remain well-informed of all HIPAA, security, and privacy requirements. Responsible for reporting any compliance breaches or concerns to the appropriate resource (management, IT Security Office, Compliance Office, Human Resources, etc.).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Level 2- In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of customer business problems that require an IT solution. Collaborate with IT partners to develop recommendations for addressing the problem.
- Assist in the evaluation of new application requirements, providing technical feedback and onsite assistance.
- Consult with client area management regarding PC equipment problems or malfunctions and recommend solutions.
- Perform selective activities of desktop computing management including software and hardware configuration, testing, scheduling, installations, moves, updates, upgrades, preventive maintenance, vendor returns and asset management.
- Respond to complex customer questions about usability and functionality of hardware and applications. Provide advanced education and training to customers, as necessary.
Level 3- In addition to the duties described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will:
- May function as a technical leader, either as a subject matter expert with proficiency in defined area(s) of the profession, or as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession.
- May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
- Use advanced technical knowledge to troubleshoot problems, identify root cause, and bring problem to resolution.
- Responsible for administration of computer images, deployment, and standardization of centrally managed software applications and processes.
- Manage departmental projects and initiatives, ensuring timely response/feedback to customers.
- Provide second/third level end user PC support.
- Coordinate configuration/installation and general troubleshooting of PC hardware and software.
- Implements hardware and software testing.
- Directs end user training and documentation.
- Provides status reports, problem summaries, and project status as required.
- Oversee selective activities of desktop computing management including software and hardware configuration, testing, scheduling, installations, moves, updates, upgrades, preventive maintenance, vendor returns, and asset management.
- Monitor and scan for security vulnerabilities and risk in order to minimize threat to the network enterprise infrastructure for both operating systems and standard applications.
- Assist in evaluating new requirements and recommend new processes and standards as appropriate. Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices, and metrics.
- Design and execute project plans, define job scope, and work with the business owners and project managers in the implementation and deployment of assigned projects.
- Facilitate team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve the quality or efficiency of the problem resolution process.
- Build and deploy software distribution packages for designated applications.
- Upgrade and/or update software to latest version.
- Train technical support personnel in the use and support of new products and systems.
Associate's degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Must have a current N.C. driver's license.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. One year of IT experience is preferred.
Level 2 - Two years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment.
Level 3 - Four years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic technical knowledge and computer skills, in order to support Windows platforms, Mac platforms, Windows applications and mobile computing devices.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including telephone etiquette
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as technical documentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to use device standards and follow guidelines, as well as help others interpret policy
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
- May be required to drive personal vehicle to conduct Duke business/deliver and install computer equipment
Level 2- In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will demonstrate:
- Advanced technical knowledge and computer skills, in order to support Windows platforms, Mac platforms, Windows applications and mobile computing devices.
- Advanced customer service and interpersonal skills, including telephone etiquette
- Advanced oral and written communication skills as well as technical documentation skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Advanced time management skills
Level 3- In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will demonstrate:
- Advanced understanding networking fundamentals.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of workstation remote management and software distribution
- Advance knowledge of imaging, patch management, scripting/automation, and software packaging technologies and processes
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of desktop operating systems methodologies (file system, registry, services, etc.) as well as system tools and remote desktop support
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Ability to work effectively with customers at all levels as well as with outside vendors and contractors
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times with all users
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total ofthe specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.