Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Director of Application Delivery - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham
The Director of Application Delivery is responsible for the application delivery platforms for Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) customers. They directly manage the DHTS teams for EPIC System, DB, ETL delivery, Citrix Team, Application Device Engineering functions of the organization. The director oversees daily operations, technical leadership and business management of the Application Delivery, fostering high levels of service, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
A key objective for this group is to mature the operational process using best practices for on-premise, cloud, and automation capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Lead and direct the resources and activities of the DHTS Application Delivery.
- Perform personnel management functions for direct reports, including hiring, personnel evaluations and performance reviews, taking disciplinary action when required.
- Develop and manage the operating and capital budgets for Application Delivery functions.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with DHTS management team to identify and implement Application Delivery systems to include EPIC, Citrix, Cloud, Automation.
- Develop, continually improve and implement strategic and tactical plans for application delivery service.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer support service including but not limited to providing appropriate training for staff.
- Maintain liaison with professional organizations and information systems management within similar organizations to ensure utilization of current principles, techniques, and policies.
- Provide administrative oversight to ensure security compliance
- Develop and then work with the management team to implement a strategic vision with service support and delivery.
- Monitor department performance and/or progress, and report status and metrics to the Senior Driector
- Oversee the evaluation and prioritization of requests for service to ensure that resource assignment is appropriately provided to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Participate in other project planning efforts as they relate to overall Technology Solutions and DHTS initiatives, including project management on high-profile projects or key efforts
- Oversee the management of staffing for 24 X 7 X 365 coverage
- Engage customers/vendors to facilitate communication of Application Delivery Services.
- Create and maintain internal operating policies, processes and procedures consistent with IT best practices and service level agreements to ensure service availability.
- Motivate and focus staff on mission, visions, goals and balance scorecard.
- Analyze the performance of Application Delivery activities and identify areas for process improvement and staff training.
- Assist and oversee development of reports, track and analyze trends
- Establish and report on the appropriate ITservice metrics. Dev elop and maintain Service and Operating Level agreement metrics/reportin gfor systems quality and performance.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Alignment with Architecture to provide state of the art Application Delivery solutions to support Duke Health’s clinical and research needs.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Ten years of related experience in a combination of the following areas is required:
- Daily shift management in a 24x7 operation.
- Incident and business management in a 24x7 Data Center environment.
- Management and Budgeting Expereince
- Software deployment, testing and issue resolution with Application Delivery platforms
- Implementation and maintenance of Application Delivery solutions with EPIC, Citrix, RPA Automation
- Customer service initiatives, including defining the key measurements of customer satisfaction.
- Operational experience in a medium to large-scale system operations environment.
- Application, network and device monitoring correlation
- Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Experience with supporting IT Operations in a hospital environment.
- Familiarity with Epic or similar medical records systems.
- Experience with the Duke Health business and its environment.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field is required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- ITIL Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong foundation in Service Management as applied to Information Technology.
- Capable of developing business relationships, both formal and informal in order to foster improvements to customer service outcomes.
- Understanding of Service Level Management and Performance Management.
- Demonstrated budgetary and resource management skills.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of leadership.
- Experience with customer service management systems (ticketing systems) and tools (Service Now experience preferred.)
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Analytical and solution oriented, with strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Superior leadership and conflict management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application suite.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.