Duke Center for Autism and Brain Development Seeks Clinical Psychologist
The Duke Center for Autism and Brain Development (Geraldine Dawson, Director) is seeking a Clinical Psychologist with expertise in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Clinical responsibilities will include:
- Participating in an interdisciplinary, team-based treatment program at the Duke Center for Autism that is dedicated to providing high-quality, comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to individuals diagnosed with autism (infancy through young adult) and their families.
- Training and supervision of clinical psychology graduate-level practicum students, interns, and psychiatry fellows, as well as the provision of in-service trainings
- Other opportunities may be available for conducting clinical assessments of children diagnosed with autism within clinical research studies being conducted at the Duke Center for Autism.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a doctoral degree in clinical psychology or related field from an APA-accredited doctoral program and must be licensed to practice in NC (or be license eligible). Clinical experience with children diagnosed with autism is required.
The Duke Center for Autism is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to clinical services, research, and training.
- Our mission is to help autistic individuals reach their full potential and to improve the lives of autistic individuals and their family members.
- More than 100 autism patient visits occur weekly and close to 3,000 children are screened annually through Duke primary care sites, providing a large clinical population at Duke.
- More than 3,000 unique autism patients are served at Duke annually.
- Medical subspecialty care at Duke includes medical genetics and genetic counseling, neurology, gastroenterology, and treatment of sleep disorders, eating disorders, and psychiatric co-morbidities such as anxiety disorders, depression, and ADHD.
Duke employees are part of a premier organization dedicated to excellence in education, research, and patient care. Duke's overall benefit plan has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. In addition to a robust array of traditional benefits such as health care, dental care and retirement, Duke also offers a wide range of family-friendly and cultural benefits to attract, support and reward the skilled employees that help Duke remain a premier education, research and health care institution. Duke is located in Durham, NC (http://www.durham-nc.com/ ), a creative, innovative community that is a nexus for learning, research, and industry. Durham was listed as one of the best places to visit by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2015 because of the numerous cultural, culinary, and outdoor activities offered in the area. Durham is part of the larger Research Triangle area that includes the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University, and numerous biotechnology, government, and other enterprises.
With a deep commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Duke University will honor yourexperiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working, learning and care environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must attach your CV, select SUBMIT APPLICATION, and then complete the required application information on the following page.