Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Employee Relations Focus)- Duke Regional Hospital
General Description of the Job Class
Advise and assist management and employees on employee issues and concerns through communicating, interpreting and recommending appropriate use of human resource policies and procedures, and services and programs offered by Duke University Health System (DUHS) Human Resources.
-This position will focus greatly on Employee relations aspects of Duke Regional Hospital. Some FMLA and developing and presenting for leadership orientation/training as it relates to HR policies and procedures.
Working with corrective actions, poor performances, substains abuse, and coordinating our disbute process, helping advise and work through conflict resolutions.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Advise and assist management and employees to respond to employee issues and concerns by interpreting applicable HR policies and procedures and making responsible recommendations in these areas as necessary and appropriate; initiate recommendations for appropriate measures to address underlying systemic problems or issues represented by the expressed concern, including but not limited to, suggestions on policy clarification or development, appropriate training or other development interventions.
- Serve in a specialist, liaison capacity for Compensation, Training and Organizational Development, Employment and Systems, or HR planning and development; evaluate and research professional trends and issues in specialty area relevant to DUH HR; educate other DUH HR staff about specialty to ensure consistent and equitable application of HR policies and procedures; collect, research and disseminate appropriate internal and external material on HR issues and trends, and provide in-service training support to enhance understanding of this material as needed; identify and recommend new policy or program initiatives in specialty area designed to enhance delivery and quality of service. Apprise Director, HR DRH of organizational issues, problems or trends; prepare reports, analyses and other written communication setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions as necessary or requested.
- Implement and coordinate HR programs supporting organizational strategic objectives for creating and maintaining a model work place, including but not limited to, promotional career advancement programs, employee participation and input vehicles, and management development and training. Provide staff support on implementing major organization-wide projects, including but not limited to, employee opinion surveys, multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity programs and employee advocacy/conflict resolution procedures.
- Identify problem employee relations areas that impede organizational progress; recommend appropriate interventions and/or other corrective actions as needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires organizational, analytical and communication skills acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program
Work requires two years of business, administrative and/or supervisory experience with exposure to supervisory or human resource policies and practices related to employee relations.
A master's degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
3-5 years of experience in employee relations, corrective action investigations, grievances, and conflict resolution/mediation highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal labor and employment laws including FMLA, ADA, FLSA and equal employment opportunity legislation.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Familiarity with HR metrics and data analysis.
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
HR BUSINESS PARTNER-DUH
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time Durham, North Carolina
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.