Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Lead Cloud Network Engineer-Full Time-DHTS-Durham
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems.
A 2020 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory, and analytics health information technology capabilities.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
Lead Cloud Network Engineer
The Lead Cloud Network Engineer will provide network technical leadership, network infrastructure support, and work closely with all areas of project support team to address all networking needs.
The Technical Leader’s responsibilities include but are not limited to providing expert level issue resolution and recommendation support to achieve desired program outcomes. Specialized duties may include, but is not limited to, the following functional areas: logistics, planning and design, supply management, security management, and information management supporting all networking aspects of this program. The Technical Leader independently applies technical expertise across all required network disciplines and supports project/program initiatives. In addition, the Lead Cloud Network Engineer investigates, analyzes, plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates solutions for project/program efforts.
The Lead Cloud Network Engineer works with internal resources and vendors to help implement the project-based services, and with development teams to ensure successful deployment applications and development pipelines. For this program, engineer will design and implement core Azure networking infrastructure, hybrid networking connections, load balance traffic, network routing, appropriate access to Azure services, network security and monitoring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 4 years of related experience
- Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.
- Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
- Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required
- Level 1:
- Current N.C. driver's license may be required.
- CCNA Certification preferred.
- Level 2 & Level 3:
- In addition to the certifications described for the Level 1,the Level 2 and Level 3:
- CCIE/CCNP/CISSP certification preferred
Desired Skills and Experience
- Current certification for Microsoft Azure Network Engineer Associate with an understanding of both AWS & GCP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and develop new skills
- Experience designing, implementing, and operating resilient, enterprise-scale, multi-tenant platforms and services
- Experience building and supporting core cloud infrastructure (multi-cloud experience preferred), from a comprehensive network perspective
- Demonstrated understanding of available cloud platform services and technologies, their cost structures, and architectures that promote integration and security as related to networking
- Deep understanding of HIPAA, NIST and FISMA regulations and frameworks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem solving skills
- Proven ability to analyze customer requirements and translate into effective solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment and Agile backlog management
- Experience automating tasks using Ansible, python, and PowerShell
- Experience developing standards partnering with Engineering, application developers and administrators, and other stakeholders to select appropriate technical solutions
- Understand network topologies, firewall rules, certificate management, load balancing
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform) experience
- Experience working in compliance environments preferred
Preferred Technical Expertise
- Design, advanced configuration, and support of Microsoft Azure Networking
- Large enterprise network design wired/wireless
- Advanced knowledge of OSPF/EIGRP/BGP operation and interoperation
- MPLS architecture/design/optimization
- Design, advanced configuration, and support of full suite of Cisco Route/Switch, Data Center, Wireless and Security equipment
- Design, advanced configuration, and support of Palo Alto firewall architectures
- Design, advanced configuration, and support of F5 load balancing technologies
- Experience designing within an HA medical environment
Additional Work Responsibilities
- Collaborate with project team to understand needs and engineer technology solutions to meet needs
- Maintain all necessary service components that support proper cost allocation and billing
- Create and update system documentation
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide a positive customer experience
- Follow established Change Management processes
- Ensure resiliency and recoverability of all solutions and platforms
- Develop strong relationships with key customer management representatives
- Develop strong vendor relationships to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner
- Assist in oral and written presentations and reports to project teams, customers and management
- Provide feedback on departmental processes and procedures and suggest improvements
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.