Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Online Marketing Specialist Senior
Online Marketing Specialist Senior
Working environment can be remote, hybrid, or in-person. This position may have an opportunity to work remotely. All Duke University remote workers must reside in one of the following states or districts: Arizona; California; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Illinois; Maryland; Massachusetts; Montana; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Virginia or Washington, DC.
Duke University Health System
As a member of the Duke Health marketing team reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Presence and Content Marketing, you will support key initiatives for our consumer-facing website DukeHealth.org, as well as contribute to the operation of the other websites for which the team is responsible. These include corporate.dukehealth.org, physicians.dukehealth.org, and dukecancerinstitute.org.
You must have excellent attention to detail; feel comfortable working independently; be able to work and communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels; to successfully complete tasks within established timeframes; and to think critically. Included in this role is support of initiatives to ensure that Duke’s commitment to health equity is reflected on our websites. Your work, in close collaboration with the Website Manager and the Manager of Web and Digital Projects as well as with the broader marketing team—and contributors from across the organization—will help ensure our digital presence is up-to-date and accurate as well as inclusive and welcoming to all of the patients we serve.
Website responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Website maintenance: add, remove, and update content through our content management systems
- Maintain accurate, complete data for provider profiles in our database including running reports, managing processes for onboarding/offboarding providers, and tagging doctors to treatment terms
- Use site monitoring software to monitor websites for broken links, misspellings, etc.
- Act as point person for Duke Health stakeholders in maintaining website event calendar
- Assist in website release testing and reporting issues or bugs to the web development team on an ongoing basis
- Monitor submissions from website survey and distribute reports to key staheholders
- Use knowledge of website responsibilities to contribute to website enhancement and improved user experience
- Work with Web and Digital Projects manager to coordinate Spanish translation requests for chosen website content with our translation vendor
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to independently research topics and develop data-backed recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- Strong computer literacy
- Proficiency in Excel (experience with databases a plus)
- Understanding of Google Analytics, keywords, and SEO is an advantage
- Experience with content management systems (we use Drupal) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEI+B)
- A second language is preferred, ideally Spanish
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business or related field is required.
Experience: Two years of directly related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: N/A
Job Code: 00005278 MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS & PR SPEC, SR
Job Level: E3
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.