Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Patient Service Associate - Women's Health at Patterson
*** ONSITE POSITION: MONDAY - FRIDAY (8:15A - 4:45P) ***
Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check-in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment scheduling. Position also involves customer service, message distribution, ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals management.
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities.
- Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts. Pick up X-rays, office c harts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag.
- File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation.
- Return medical records.
- Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the encounter forms.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.
- Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care. Verify patient demographic data.
- Edit Maestro Care as needed.
- Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
- Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
- Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts.
- Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due.
- Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
- Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
- Coordinate all labs/ procedures as requested.
- Maintain private physician office charts.
- Prepare encounter forms.
- Investigate and account for missing encounter forms.
- Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching.
- Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care.
- Schedule tests and procedures.
- Complete and distribute ancillary service requisitions.
- Explain billing to patients according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Determine the amount of cash to be collected based on insurance plan.
- Check- outpatients.
- Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and others.
- Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely. Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with customers and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental policies rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and activities. Providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.