Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
PMO Processes Manager - Duke Health Technology Services - Durham
This position reports to the CISO Office and will be primarily responsible for working with business customers, Service Owners, and senior leaders to define and maintain project intake, planning and execution processes for Duke Health Technology Solutions. The position will provide leadership and expertise in the capacity of PPM Process Owner, Demand Process Owner and Time Card Process Owner, following the ITIL-defined guidelines for process ownership.
PPM Process Owner
- Help drive project and program management maturity, inclusive of cross-functional project teams, internal services delivered between teams, service-level objectives and performance reporting.
- Provide education and collaboration with other functional area leaders to help drive project and program management maturity to accomplish the business objectives.
- Partner with PMO managers to drive continual improvement of the project & service delivery processes.
- Document requirements and ideas regarding IT Service and project delivery tools and metrics necessary for enterprise project portfolio management.
- Document requirements and ideas regarding IT Service and project delivery tools and metrics necessary for resource management.
Demand Process Owner
- Participate in the DHTS Demand Review Board to assess and prioritize project requests.
- Collaborate with the Demand managers and board members to continuously improve the intake process and resolve any issues.
- Function as back-up for the demand manager as needed.
Time Tracking Process Owner
- Work with all DHTS levels to optimize time card compliance, ease of use, and visibility of work effort tracking.
- Advise and govern on questions and issues related to Demand, PPM, and Time Tracking in accordance with DHTS policy and best practices.
- Grant appropriate permissions and assignments for Demand, Project and Time Tracking functions for DHTS personnel, for onboarding, staff transfers, and off boarding requests.
- Establish and maintain documentation for Demand, PPM and Time Tracking in the policy and knowledge base tools.
- Establish and maintain reports and views of Demand, PPM and Time Tracking that promote portfolio management and process efficiencies.
- Facilitate Service Now release testing for all periodic releases for the Demand, PPM, Time Tracking functions, and related functions as needed.
- Participate in the routine PMO team functions and discussions.
- Collaborate with all teams to report and address any PPM, Demand and Time Tracking tool defects or improvements.
- Engage as the PMO Liaison for the designated DHTS Service Areas, as assigned by the PMO Director.
- Occasionally required to support projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
Minimum 5 years relevant Project or Program Management experience.
Experience leading direct report and matrix teams.
Proven track record in coaching and mentoring others.
Proven track record in managing multiple projects concurrently and/or large scale programs.
Project/Program Management skills including:
- Scope Management
- Budget Management
- Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Issue/Conflict Resolution
- Communication Management
- Quality Management
- Testing Plans
- Training Plans
- Team Management.
Experience running a product/project lifecycle stage gate review process.
Strong ability to collaborate with directors, managers, and individual contributors to define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, implement and influence creative solutions, and measure delivery results.
PMP certification preferred
ITIL background (V3 certification preferred)
10 or more years relevant business experience
3-5 years is a healthcare IT environment
Knowledge of ServiceNow Demand, PPM, and Time Tracking workflows and structure
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.