Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Psychiatric APP (NP or PA) - Inpatient Consult Liaison Service - DRH
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Psychiatric Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA)
Inpatient consult-Liaison service
Work Location:Duke Regional Hospital (DRH)
The In-patient Psychiatry Service is seeking a Psychiatric Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to provide direct patient care services and performs medical acts as either a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) to patients requiring psychiatric evaluation and management who are admitted to any unit at Duke Regional Hospital. The APP performs physical and mental health exams, collects and documents data, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, prescribes appropriate interventions and medications, and provides direct patient care services. The APP will also rotate through the BHED APP team at DRH or DUH. The APP contributes to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and provides leadership in the organization.
NP: Graduate of an accredited MSN or DNP Nurse Practitioner program for both Psychiatry AND a primary care/adult medicine program.
PA: Graduate of an accredited Master’s Degree Physician Assistant Program
NP: PMHNP AND FNP or AGNP or AGACNP, etc
NP: Current RN licensure issued by NCBON with approval to practice as a NP
PA: Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NCMB
Minimum 2 years APP prescriber experience as well as experience practicing as a psychiatric provider. Experience as hospital medicine provider is preferred.
Physical and mental requirements:
- Able to clearly articulate scope of practice, and practices within those guidelines as a Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant in the state of North Carolina and within the Duke University Health System.
- Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively to solve complex problems
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership, and others.
- Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, perform health assessments, treatment, and follow-up.
- Able to use fine motor skills
- Able to record activities, document assessments & interventions; prepare reports and presentations;
- Able to use computer and learn new software programs
- Able to provide leadership in clinical area of expertise and in meeting organizational goals
- Able to navigate the Hospital and DUHS to provide clinical expertise to specific patient populations
- Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds
- Able to remain focused and organized
- Able to work collaboratively with all levels of personnel
In-patient Psychiatry APPs provide coverage 12 hours a day, however APPs must be flexible to be able to meet the possibility of changing clinical coverage needs.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.