Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - Duke Health North Durham Clinic - 4/10s Day Shifts - Durham
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Duke Health North Durham seeks to hire Reistered Nurses who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Duke Health North Durham is a Multispecialty Medicine Clinic that resides in North Durham on Roxboro road. This is a new hospital based clinic with 18 beds, that will service a variety of specialized care needs for the community. Included specialties are GI, Geriatrics, Wound, Nephrology and Internal Medicine.
4/10 hours shifts - Monday through Friday - Day Shifts - No Weekends.
Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Ideal applicants would have excellent computer and phone skills and be able to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team. We are looking for someone with the ability to establish a strong rapport with patients and families by phone, to coordinate services, and to provide education and nursing care to patients and families in the clinic setting.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Must have an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma. (All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.)
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina
- RNs with 1+ years of experience.
- Wound Care experience preferrred.
- BCLS certification is required.
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke University Hospital
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.