Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) - Triage Services 1J GYN Clinic - Day Shifts - Durham
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
AMBULATORY TELEPHONE TRIAGE SERVICESat Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Triage Nurse for 1J GYN Clinic who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together!
Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Ideal applicants would have excellent computer and phone skills and be able to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team. This position will provide triage support for sickle cell patient population, in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams. We are looking for someone with the ability to establish a strong rapport with patients and families by phone, to coordinate services, and to provide education and nursing care to patients and families in the clinic setting.
This position is specifically for 1J, the GYN Clinic and requires indirect patient support tasks and some limited direct clinic time, which may include the following:
- Telephone triage
- Patient/ family education
- Completing clinical paperwork including medical releases, emergency and travel letters, etc.
- Prescription refills
- Prior Authorizations
- Review and complete the in-basket process
- Care Coordination
- Must have an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma. (All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.)
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is preferred
- Prefer previous experince in women health
- BCLS certification is required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred)
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Davis Ambulatory Surgery Center - Operating Room 40hrs
ASSOCIATED HEALTH SYSTEMS Full Time Durham, North Carolina
Registered Nurse (New RN or Experienced RN) PRN - Duke Outpatient Clinic - Durham
DUKE HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem) Durham, North Carolina
REGISTERED NURSE (Experienced RN) - Infusion Center - Rotational Shift - Durham
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time Durham, North Carolina
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.