Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experienced) - Duke Regional Hospital - ICU Unit, FT Nights
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Duke University Health System- Duke Regional Hospital seeks to hire a new graduate or experienced registered nurse, who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
How about our $15,000 sign-on bonus, available for Registered Nurses with one year or more of clinical/bedside experience and new to Duke? Duke offers Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Loan Forgiveness, Relocation Assistance Grants and much more!
Duke Regional Hospital – ICU
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The ICU at Duke Regional is comprised of 22 beds. Our team of nursing staff provides care for patients 14 years or older with actual or potential life-threatening conditions by performing complex assessments, high intensity therapies, interventions, and continuous monitoring. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
· RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 1-2
· Phenomenal teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and professional respect – we offer a dynamic environment for professional development.
· Extraordinary unit culture that embraces each team member – a sense of belonging.
· Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body systems, and robust care management skills.
Full time: 3, 12 hour shifts, Rotating 7a/7p
How about our $15,000 sign-on bonus, available for Registered Nurses with at least two years of clinical/bedside experience and new to Duke? Duke offers Tuition Reimbursement, Generous Loan Forgiveness, Relocation Assistance Grants and much more!
What you will do:
As a Clinical Nurse in Duke University Health System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
· Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures under the supervision of the team leader or charge nurse.
· Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
· Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient care.
· Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and identify resources available to assist in completing components of care in a timely manner.
· Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
· Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
· Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance improvement activities.
What you can expect:
· Multitask in myriad ways – document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status, access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients, independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
· Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
· Relationship management with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we’ll provide:
Experienced Nurses: 4 – 6 weeks of paid orientation depending on level of experience.
· Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is committed to providing robust learning and development from Office of Continuing Education.
· Clinical Ladder Advancement
· Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
· Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
· Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Performance Increases
· Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Pension plan and much more.
What you will need:
· Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma program.
***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Licensure and Certification Required:
· Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
· BLS Certification
· Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Davis Ambulatory Surgery Center - Operating Room 40hrs
ASSOCIATED HEALTH SYSTEMS Full Time Durham, North Carolina
Registered Nurse (New RN or Experienced RN) PRN - Duke Outpatient Clinic - Durham
DUKE HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem) Durham, North Carolina
REGISTERED NURSE (Experienced RN) - Infusion Center - Rotational Shift - Durham
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time Durham, North Carolina
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.