Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Sr. Population Health IT Analyst - Duke Connected Care - Durham
Duke Connected Care, a community-based, physician-led network, includes a group of doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers who work together to deliver high-quality care to Medicare Fee-for-Service patients in Durham and itssurrounding areas.
The Population Health Analyst, Sr. is integral to the success of Duke University Health System’s Population Health Management Office (PHMO) strategic and operational goals. As an expert on data analysis, the incumbent will be responsible for (1) the identification, analysis and interpretation of EMR, payor, and other data sources to support program evaluation; (2) guide analyses and decision making around continuous quality improvement activities; and (3) produce reports to support program decisions and operations. This position requires an analyst intrigued and driven by the challenge of creating information from data; skilled at organizing the presentation of quantitative information to facilitate understanding and illuminate decision making.
- Serve as a liaison between business and the PHMO Data & Analytics team to ensure necessary development and maintenance of reporting database to serve analytic needs.
- Serve as an individual contributor performing simple to complex projects with minimal direction.
- Work on cross-functional teams, including but not limited to finance, health data science, and statistician personnel throughout Duke Health to achieve population health goals
- Lead analyses using data for multiple sources (e.g payor claims and EMR/clinical data) looking to derive insights into cost and utilization reduction opportunities, quality improvement, and/or program evaluation.
- Proactive data mining and identification of patterns/trends.
- Coordinate development of analytic datasets, data cleaning, data validation, and data reporting
- Interpret and summarize complex analyses, producing written and graphical representation of findings
- Develop design documents for data mapping and data transformation processes.
- Perform gap assessment to identify gaps between business requirements and data availability.
- Develop and implement an appropriate quality acceptance testing and validation strategy to ensure completeness and accuracy of data prior to user acceptance testing and migration of solution into the production environment.
- Use all tools as relevant to develop the right solution to meet customer data needs.
- Available tools include but are not limited to: SQL, Stata, Excel, Tableau, SAS, R, and MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Maintain impeccable communication with internal and external stakeholders regarding the development status of work requests.
- Requires the timely and astute evaluation and anticipation of risks to fulfillment of requests.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required if no degree.
- Degree in Information Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering (Health Information Management), Public Health, Biostatistics, or a health-related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of experience for Sr. Analyst.
- Recent and prior healthcare experience, with payer claims data and/or Accountable Care Organization utilization and quality metric work strongly preferred.
- Analytical experience as a full-time post-doctoral or research associate acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid experience and knowledge developing moderate to complex SQL scripts preferred.
- Working knowledge of different analytical methodologies and techniques to identify quality improvement or health outcomes trends
- Strong hands-on working knowledge of statistical and business analysis software (e.g. SQL, SAS, R, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Stata) for processing, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Strong quantitative, statistical and/or data analysis skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a technical or healthcare environment, with proven ability to describe technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with customer and team members to effectively achieve project goals.
- Self-motivated and proactive in taking action to achieve goals
- Accepts accountability for decisions/actions
- Skilled in requirements gathering, gap analysis, data analysis, and generating technical specifications.
- Data sourcing, data mapping and managing meta data strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously and prioritize competing deadlines
- Proven ability to translate business questions and requirements into data and information deliverables using relevant business intelligence tools.
- Prior experience with clinical, EHR, and healthcare claims data preferred.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - Peds Med/Surg (1A/2A) May 2023 Grads
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
Registered Nurse (New Grad) - Duke University Hospital - PICU (May 2023 Grads)
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time
DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem)
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.