Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Duke Cancer Network in Laurinburg, NC
As a part of Duke Health’s outpatient clinic network, you will enjoy competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plans, convenient work hours, and many opportunities for career advancement. Become a part of a team that values and invests in you.
Duke Advanced Practice Highlights:
- The nation’s first Physician Assistant Program was created at Duke in 1965 and is consistently ranked No. 1 in the country.
- The Duke School of Nursing is consistently ranked as one of the top nursing schools and their MSN and DNP programs offers eight advanced practice registered nurse majors and specialty certifications, as well as post master’s certificates and certification alignment programs.
- Commitment to ongoing learning for APPs through annual CME funding and access to high-quality Duke CME offerings including APP Grand Rounds and a professional advancement program. APPs are leaders in multiple arenas within Duke.
- Duke offers APPs opportunities to practice within team based integrative care in a tremendous variety of specialties. APPs are expected to work to top of scope in order to contribute to Duke’s missions which include clinical practice, education, and research.
- Practice locations can include Duke Health’s three hospitals or over 140 primary care and specialty care clinics throughout North Carolina.
Scotland Cancer Treatment Center, 500 Lauchwood Drive, Laurinburg, NC
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider for the Duke Cancer Network to practice at the Scotland Cancer Treatment Center located at 500 Lauchwood Drive in Laurinburg, NC. The APP, who has a passion for caring for oncology patients in the community, will work with the team to manage patients under their care, participate in clinical trials, and collaboratively identify opportunities to improve the program and provide education. Primary hours will be Monday through Friday, day shift, with hours flexible to meet the needs of the patients.
This position is part of the Duke Cancer Network (DCN), a division of Duke Network Services, which has affiliate relationships with a number of hospitals in North Carolina. Our provider and administrative team supports the patient care and operations of oncology clinics at these affiliate hospitals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate clinical practice and clinical program services under the supervision of a physician, including managing a direct-care caseload of patients through protocols; collaborating to set priorities, establish outcomes and evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of patient care; and facilitating clinical care programs for Duke-affiliated oncology ventures.
- Maintain prescriptive authority per Duke’s and regulatory standards at all times based upon licensing.
- Develop and implement Quality Management Program initiatives, collaborating to identify areas of improvement; developing plans and tools to measure and report on current practice; presenting findings to stakeholders; and developing plans to improve performance.
- Assist in the design and execution of educational programs, assessing educational needs of DCN affiliate organizations; implementing and evaluating programs; serving as a mentor for healthcare learners; and developing patient/family educational interventions.
- Promote, participate, and engage in research in compliance with all regulatory requirements and incorporate research findings into standards of care.
- Enhance the professional image of PAs and NPs by participating in leadership activities at Duke, DCN and affiliated sites and remaining current with trends and changes in practice through organizational meetings, education, research and other activities.
- Assist with the administrative function of the clinic, assisting with orientation of new providers, patient scheduling and coverage, presentations and special projects, as assigned.
Job Eligibility Requirements
- Nurse Practitioners: Work requires completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, with a Master's degree in Nursing.
- Physician Assistants: Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program. A Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- BLS required.
- Nurse Practitioners: Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required. National certification as a NP required prior to or within 6 months of employment.
- Physician Assistants: Must be licensed in the state of NC, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- 1+ years of APP experience strongly preferred.
Monday-Friday, day shift, with flexibility to meet clinic needs
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.