Case Manager-Duke Raleigh 8/hr and 1 Weekend/month
Duke Health strongly recommends getting up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, especially for those with conditions that place them at higher risk. However, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer a requirement for team members at Duke Health.
Duke Raleigh Hospital offers the latest in care and technology in a patient-friendly setting. It has been an important part of Duke Health since 1998 and has served Wake County for more than 35 years, employing more than 2,000 team members. The hospital provides 186 inpatient beds and a comprehensive array of services, including the Duke Raleigh Cancer Center, Duke Raleigh Orthopedic and Spine Center, cardiovascular services, neurosciences including the Duke Raleigh Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Center,advanced digestive care, disease management and prevention, wound healing, outpatient imaging, intensive and progressive care, pain clinic, same-day surgery, emergency department and community outreach and education programs. U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Raleigh Hospital as high performing in orthopaedics and five adult procedures/conditions: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart failure, kidney failure, lung cancer surgery, and stroke.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Manage a designated caseload to coordinate and complete timely assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of discharge plans and care transitions across the continuum of care. Ensure optimum utilization of the patient's and the Health System's resources and perform these duties within the requirements of CMS and other external review agencies.
- Monitor daily census and assignment to assure all patients are assessed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Case management needs including care coordination/transition and discharge planning, consultations, advocacy, education. Maintain effective communication with health care team members related to assessment findings, discharge planning needs and provider orders needed to arrange Homecare, Durable Medical Equipment, Transportation, Skilled Nursing or Acute Rehab Facility placement, Substance Abuse Treatment and outpatient follow-up.
- Maintain working knowledge of specific benefits and reimbursement guidelines, the discharge planning process and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide education and guidance on these topics to providers, patients and families as needed.
- Work with Utilization Management partners to provide information and feedback that will enhance negotiations and denial prevention with payers.
- Maintain timely documentation of assessment findings, discharge arrangements and actions taken according to departmental guidelines; prepare reports and maintain records as requested and/or required.
- Participate in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities as requested.
- Job responsibilities may include site specific duties, weekend/holiday or after hours coverage as designated at each entity.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers internal and external to Duke Health System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work effectively in a self-directed role Ability to multi-task, capable of daily problem-solving complex issues Excellent written and verbal skills Basic computer skills necessary
BSN or MSW required
3 years of relevant experience
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Requires Case Management Certification (ACM, CCM or ANCC) within 2 years or of hire. MSW or BSN required. If BSN must have current or compact RN licensure in state of NC.
Job Level: G2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke Raleigh Hospital
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.