Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Emergency Medicine Physician - PRN
Emergency Medicine Physician - MD or DO
Duke Raleigh Hospital
Emergency Medicine Physicians are clinicians who provide clinical care and treatment for patients presenting at Duke Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams.
- Participate in relevant Medical Staff and DRH committees representing Emergency Medicine as needed and requested.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Graduate of MD or DO Medical School with completion of Emergency Medicine Residency.
Current unrestricted medical license issued by NCMB.
Federal and State DEA number with prescriptive authority
ABMS Board Certification in Emergency Medicine.
Training experiences as mandated by the American Board of Emergency Medicine for board eligibility/certification required. Experience in emergency medicine practice preferred.
10 hours shifts as needed
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.