Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Duke Raleigh Neurohospitalist
As a part of Duke Health’s outpatient clinic network, you will enjoy competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plans, convenient work hours, and many opportunities for career advancement. Become a part of a team that values and invests in you.
Duke Advanced Practice Highlights:
- The nation’s first Physician Assistant Program was created at Duke in 1965 and is consistently ranked No. 1 in the country.
- The Duke School of Nursing is consistently ranked as one of the top nursing schools and their MSN and DNP programs offers eight advanced practice registered nurse majors and specialty certifications, as well as post master’s certificates and certification alignment programs.
- Commitment to ongoing learning for APPs through annual CME funding and access to high-quality Duke CME offerings including APP Grand Rounds and a professional advancement program. APPs are leaders in multiple arenas within Duke.
- Duke offers APPs opportunities to practice within team based integrative care in a tremendous variety of specialties. APPs are expected to work to top of scope in order to contribute to Duke’s missions which include clinical practice, education, and research.
- Practice locations can include Duke Health’s three hospitals or over 140 primary care and specialty care clinics throughout North Carolina.
Duke Raleigh Hospital, 3400 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider for the Duke Raleigh Hospital Neurology Team located in Raleigh, NC to work in collaboration with neurohospitalist attending physicians, collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, order and schedule laboratory studies and professional consultations, and provide direct patient care services.
The Duke Raleigh Hospital Neurology/Stroke Team APP (NP/PA) works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health care team to provide direct patient care services for patients with neurological issues under the supervision of the neurologist(s). The APP provides direct patient care services for consult and follow up neurology patients in the emergency department and other inpatient units in the hospital. The APP contributes to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and provides leadership to the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with attending physician(s), the NP/PA performs triage, physical exams, collects and documents data, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies, diagnostic procedures and professional consultations, prescribes appropriate interventions and medications, coordinates the care of patients, and provides direct patient care services.
- Analyze clinical practice patterns so as to provide the best medical care and to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate verbally and in writing all pertinent patient information to supervising MD, nursing staff, patient resource manager, home health agency, and other relevant healthcare providers.
- Provide timely documentation in the electronic medical record of all relevant data including results of diagnostic tests; laboratory results; patients’ condition and response to therapies/interventions; communications with physician colleagues.
Job Eligibility Requirements
- Nurse Practitioners: Work requires completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program, with a Master's degree in Nursing.
- Physician Assistants: Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program. A Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Nurse Practitioners: Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required. National certification as a NP required prior to or within 6 months of employment.
- Physician Assistants: Must be licensed in the state of NC, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- 1+ years of APP experience strongly preferred.
Primary hours will be day shift working 7 days on/7 days off.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.