Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Patient Attendant Safety Aide - Duke Raleigh Hospital - Med Surg
Patient Attendant Safety Aide - Duke Raleigh Hospital - Med/Surg - Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Constant and direct observation of the patient.
- Monitoring changes in the patient's physical, emotional, and mental condition. Communicate the status of the patient, including any changes. Observing and reporting patients' behavioral changes.
- Document observation in electronic health record.
- Support staff with ambulation and mobilization of patients.
- Support staff with personal hygiene: bathing, oral hygiene, nail care, and grooming. Support staff with repositioning, feeding, and toileting.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Work requires completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Work generally requires six months of experience in the hospital setting.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.