DHTS - ServiceNow Technical Lead Developer/Architect
As the ServiceNow Technical Lead at Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) ServiceNow Development team, you will report to the ServiceNow Team Lead and have the opportunity to :
• Lead the design, architecture, and implementation of new applications
• Influence the strategic direction of the Duke ServiceNow platform
• Architect innovative solutions for critical business needs
• Mentor a large ServiceNow Development team
• Collaborate with other engineering teams to combine ServiceNow with novel technologies in areas such as cloud, access control, cybersecurity, etc.
DHTS is committed to investing in the promise of Service Management to drive efficiencies and automation and to move as quickly as possible while maintaining the integrity and stability of the IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience with platform upgrades, designing API integrations, the ITIL framework, and rolling out major ServiceNow applications such as ITSM, SPM, SecOps, ITOM, or FSM. More importantly, the ideal candidate would believe in Duke Health values: Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation. Together, we will continue to pursue our shared mission: delivering tomorrow’s healthcare today
• Serve as lead developer on new major application deployments on the ServiceNow platform
• Serve as architect in design and planning of backend system integrations
• Serve as an expert resource for staff, fielding questions and educating on best practices
• Keep abreast of ServiceNow trends and best practices.
• Ensure compliance with set policies, procedures, and standards
• Work in an independent manner in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Support Level 1 and Level 2 developers as needed with stories or operational tasks
• Build and present proof-of-concepts, document custom system architecture, and implement scalable & maintainable solutions
• Lead investigative analysis around issues with ServiceNow
• More than four years of experience as a ServiceNow Developer
• Must have led at least one major upgrade of a ServiceNow Platform
• Must have the ServiceNow Certified System Administrator Certification
• Must have the ServiceNow Certified Application Developer certification
• Must have experience working in an Agile/scrum environment.
• Experience with the Automated Test Framework
• Experience with the mentoring or tutoring of less experienced developers.
The ideal candidate will have Certified Implementation Specialist in any of the following areas:
• Security Operations
• Governance Risk and Compliance
• Field Service Management
• Strategic Portfolio management
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke Health Technology Solutions
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.