Patient Service Associate - PTOT Douglas St & PTOT Central
ONSITE POSITION: Monday - Thursday (8:45am - 4:45pm) Friday (7:30am - 4:00pm)
Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check-in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment scheduling. Position also involves customer service, message distribution, ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals management.
- Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities.
- Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts. Pick up X-rays, office c harts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag.
- File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation.
- Return medical records.
- Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the encounter forms.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.
- Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care. Verify patient demographic data.
- Edit Maestro Care as needed.
- Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
- Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
- Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts.
- Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due.
- Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
- Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
- Coordinate all labs/ procedures as requested.
- Maintain private physician office charts.
- Prepare encounter forms.
- Investigate and account for missing encounter forms.
- Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching.
- Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care.
- Schedule tests and procedures.
- Complete and distribute ancillary service requisitions.
- Explain billing to patients according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Determine the amount of cash to be collected based on insurance plan.
- Check- outpatients.
- Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures.
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and others.
- Report obtained medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, completely and timely. Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with customers and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental policies rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and maintaining records and forms.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and activities. Providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Patient Revenue Management Organization
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.