Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Multiple Locations Available - FULL TIME
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Nurse Anesthetist - CRNA
$30,000 COMMITMENT BONUS is currently being offered.
Multiple locations are available to include:
- Duke University Hospital – Main Campus
- Duke Ambulatory Surgical Center in Durham
- Duke Ambulatory Surgical Center in Morrisville
- Duke Endoscopy Clinic in Durham / Duke South, Clinic 2H
- Duke Gastroenterology Clinic in Raleigh/Brier Creek
- Duke Eye Center in Durham
- Duke Eye Center in Morrisville
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a CRNA - Nurse Anesthetist who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
Duke University Hospital includes the following eight specialties each offering new and exciting opportunities in both adult and pediatric using the latest technological advancements including two intraoperative MRI suites and two intraoperative CT suites.
Otolaryngology Head & Neck (ENT)
Administer anesthetics to render patients insensible to pain during surgical, obstetrical and other medical procedures.
- Administer general anesthetics to render patients insensible to pain during surgical, obstetrical and other medical procedures; take necessary remedial action to aspirate secretions from throat larynx and trachea as required.
- Determine, set up and prepare necessary drugs, supplies and equipment for the administration of anesthetics; assemble gas machine and test to insure proper functioning; ensure availability of proper type blood for emergency use.
- Study patient records to determine probable effects of anesthetic on patient; monitor vital signs during course of procedure; take necessary action to ensure a near normal physiological status of the patient.
- Prepare patients for anesthesia to include explaining procedures and positioning patient on operating room table; record condition of patient and type of anesthetic used on patient's chart.
- Assist in moving patient from operating room to recovery area; check patient periodically and take remedial measures to alleviate unfavorable post anesthesia effects as required.
- Supervise and instruct student nurse anesthetists in the administration of general anesthetics; assist in evaluating clinical performance and progress; instruct residents, interns and allied health students in the procedures and techniques of anesthesiology.
- Disassemble equipment and clean work area; report necessary equipment repairs and adjustments to proper personnel.
- Maintain records of each anesthetic administered and prepare periodic reports related to activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Graduate of an accredited MSN or DNP CNRA program
- Eligibility for certification by the AANA as a certified Nurse Anesthetist is required for new grads.
- Current RN licensure issued by NCBON with approval to practice as a NP
- New grads welcome to apply, no experience required beyond education and training
Shift options vary based on location. Many options are available.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke University Hospital
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.