Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Senior Network Engineer - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Hybrid
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for all aspects of managing the Duke communications and infrastructure network, to include provisioning, installation, configuration, monitoring and ongoing maintenance of network infrastructure, as well as design, implementation, configuration, testing and support of network infrastructure.
- May participate in 24x7x365 monitoring and support for all network services.
- Perform daily network monitoring and remediation of network issues.
- Monitor and triage issues submitted via the Service-Now ticket queue or other monitoring tools.
- Configure and install network equipment, to include, but not limited to, UPS kits, cable and network equipment, wire management and fiber infrastructure as required.
- Document network infrastructure, equipment, and technology, such as L1/2/3.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and sustain physical network infrastructure (wired, wireless, servers, patch panels, power/cooling).
- Maintain, support and install network infrastructure hardware and appliances including, but not limited to:
- Cisco routers, switches, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls, Routing protocols (IGPs and EGP)
- Management & troubleshooting tools
- Remote Access connectivity monitoring, support and resolution
- Provide network monitoring and network trouble isolation and resolution
- Network Load Balancing solutions
- Maintain and configure network switches and software (upgrade code, make scheduled changes, special upgrade projects, etc.) and other network infrastructure equipment.
- Maintain documentation and follow procedures to ensure adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Participate in 24x7x365 monitoring and support for all network services (wired, wireless, VoIP, NAC, etc)
- Implement, configure, maintain and report on the telecommunication services supporting the Duke Heath network.
- The candidate must have production experience in the entire lifecycle of enterprise firewalls/VPN and telecommunications circuit management.
- Maintain and sustain the Duke Health network infrastructure (wired, wireless, network systems).
- Design and maintain data, voice, firewall, and network hardware and systems; investigate and resolve network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyze, isolate and resolve errors; assess and update older network infrastructure and circuits as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provide technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommend and implement an approved course of action.
- Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure adherence to institutional, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Ensure the security of technology solutions implemented and supported.
- Author, implement, execute, and periodically update System Security, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans to be consistent with Duke Medicine policies and standards regarding security and HIPAA compliance.
- Implement, maintain, upgrade, and patch systems to be compliant with Duke Medicine security policies and standards regarding protection from external and internal security attacks.
- Implement scalable and robust enterprise network infrastructure solutions per system architectural designs and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.
- Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
- Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Requires valid North Carolina driver's license
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Minimum of 2 years of operational experience in the technologies listed below:
- Direct "hands-on" administration of Cisco Firewalls (Adaptive Security Appliance - ASA)
- Cisco Networking and IP routing (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, STP, EIGRP,MPBGP)
- Working knowledge (subject matter expert) skill set of networking/voice/video/security technologies and services
- Working knowledge of core Cisco products and technologies(Nexus/MPLS), in addition, VPN, STP, IPSEC, Fabricpath, VPC.
- Working hands-on experience setting up IP networks to guarantee highly available and robust networking (including automatic failover and notification, traffic analysis, QoS and policy-based routing)
- Working knowledge of network security technologies (Firewalls, VPN, Certificates, ACLs)
- Working knowledge of F5 load balancing systems.
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and IP protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, performed by a diverse group of professionals
- Specific experience in large campus/healthcare Cisco networks, supporting/designing/implementing IP solutions. Healthcare provider and patient care/clinical applications/systems experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with team members, other technical staff, customers and internal groups
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills
- Relevant Network Certifications -- preferred (CCNA/CCNP)
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.