Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Bio Medical Waste Handler/Housekeeper Specialist Duke University Hospital
Location: Duke University Hospital, Durham, North Carolina
Apply Today and Interview Next Week!!! Duke University Hospital hosts interviews for this postion weekly.
Performs routine manual housekeeping work cleaning areas within a DUHS entity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empty trash.
- Clean, mop, scrub, sweep or vacuum floors, stairways, and halls.
- Clean, wash, dust, or polish hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, bedside lighting fixtures, vents, radiators, and exteriors of cabinets and equipment.
- Clean patient rooms and/or offices thoroughly by mopping floors, washing furniture, scrubbing plastic cushions, frames and cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures and walls.
- Clean drinking fountains, ice-making machines and sand urns; clean blinds with damp cloth or vacuum.
- Report repairs needed to supervisors including broken or cracked window panes, leaky faucets, toilets, loose tiles, broken blinds and damaged furniture.
- Follow all universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and use personal protective equipment as needed while cleaning patient care areas.
- May dust mop, wax and buff floors and shampoos carpets.
- May be required to perform 'Seven Step' cleaning of all surgical areas, wall cleaning, machine scrubbing of floors (no finish) and related tasks with particular attention to specialized needs in the surgical area.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowlege, Skills, and Abilities
- For Bio Medicial Waste Handler position must have valid NC Drivers License (Required)
Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a partial high school education.
None required. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Ability to perform physical tasks, including mopping, vacuuming, etc. is also required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.