CLINICAL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Duke Health strongly recommends getting up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, especially for those with conditions that place them at higher risk. However, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer a requirement for team members at Duke Health.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is an exceptional, multi-specialty physician practice encompassing 140 clinics across North Carolina. We attract and retain premier medical professionals with competitive compensation, benefits, and a nurturing work atmosphere that unites passion and purpose.
Learn more about us:
Duke Health Center Arringdon - 5601 Arringdon Park Dr
We are seeking a Clinical Operations Supervisor to manage and coordinate patient care and personnel needs for the Cardiology Electrophysiology Device Management and Cardiac Monitoring program; plan, develop, implement, and evaluate ambulatory health care services, programs, and activities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement departmental policy and procedures to solve specific operating problems and improve patient care. Manage specific clinic in absence of Health Care Administrator/Practice Manager; and be available on-call for emergencies involving the facility, staff members, and patients.
- Provide direct patient care for in clinic and remote cardiac device checks. Manage Electrophysiology Cardiology procedural services delivered in multiple clinics as well as Cardiac Monitoring department. Implement Cardiology device management related procedural updates and new services. Lead and implement IT related improvements related to device management.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, orientation and training, performance appraisals, promotions and scheduling; and counsel and conduct formal discipline of clinical staff.
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs relating to Cardiology device management. Develop and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement.
- Collaborate with HCA/Nurse Manager/Regional Director in detwemining the fiscal requirements of the specific clinic; submit budegtary recommendation, including necessary device personnel and patient care materials necessary for the provision of care. Cultivate exemplary customer service throughout the organization; promote effective communication skills to include, but not limited to problem solving, assertiveness, and support for team menbers, feedback, active listening and conflict resolution.
- Identify clinical operational needs; manage appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance. Assess the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various reulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.).
- Enforces regulatory and compliance requirements (HIPPA, JCAHO, etc). Accountable for understanding, enforcing and following all internal controls, particularly as they relate to cash management policies and procedures.
- Develop, coordinate and participate in training programs in ambulatory clinical cardiology.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
JOB ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires a bachelor's degree in biology, physiology, psychology or related scientific field.
- Work requires four years of clinical technical experience to gain expertise in the principles, theories, procedures and equipment in the clinical area of assignment.
- Certificate of completion from an approved cardiac device technical school/program preferred or educational equivalent and clinical experience to qualify for Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS) certification.
Work requires 2 years of clinical cardiology and electrophysiology (EP) experience as a Pacemaker/ICD tech beyond clinical experience required to complete an approved cardiac device technical school/program.
Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS) from International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) within 12 months of employment. BLS required. ACLS required within 6 months of employment.
The schedule for this position is day shifts, Monday-Friday, with no weekends or holidays.
Some roles within our organization may encompass essential job functions requiring distinct physical and/or mental capabilities. Further details and accommodation requests will be addressed by individual hiring departments.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment, fostering a diverse workforce without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We aspire to build a community grounded in collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our shared achievements rely on a dynamic exchange of ideas, flourishing best when a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences thrive. Upholding these values is a collective responsibility within our community.
This job description aims to outline representative responsibilities for this title, not an exhaustive account of specific duties. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks beyond those explicitly outlined here.
Explore Duke Health Integrated Practice
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.