Duke Anesthesiology seeks Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologist
The Department of Anesthesiology at Duke University is looking for a skilled pediatric cardiac anesthesiologist to join their thriving group. Ideal candidates will be BE/BC in Anesthesiology and be ACGME fellowship trained in Pediatric Anesthesiology. With the growth in the heart center and impressive outcomes data, we are looking to expand the pediatric cardiac group even further.
- The Pediatric Congenital Heart Center has one of the best outcomes in the country and was ranked #2 in the US News World Report Rankings in 2023, making it #1 in North Carolina and the only non-free standing childrens Hospital in the top 20.
- The 14 pediatric anesthesiology faculty, two pediatric fellows and 1 pediatric cardiac fellow provide care to approximately 8,000 patients each year.
- This position would be roughly a 75% pediatric cardiac and 25% pediatric general clinical mix. We currently do 450 pump cases/year, 650 total cases, 75 neonates and 800 cardiac caths per year and have a current team of 4.5 pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists.
- We have moved into a new bed tower with a 32 bed Pediatric Cardiac ICU and stepdown unit.
- The Department is ranked #2 in NIH funding, #3 in the Best Medical Schools for Anesthesiology and #5 in the Best Residency programs in the nation.
Durham and Duke University are thriving and growing communities. Durham has been recognized as one of the top places in America. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere with the ocean and mountains day trips away.
With a deep commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Duke University will honor yourexperiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working, learning and care environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must attach your CV, select SUBMIT APPLICATION, and then complete the Duke required information on the following page.