Duke Pain Medicine seeks Pain Anesthesiologist with Perioperative and Chronic Pain Expertise
Duke Health strongly recommends getting up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, especially for those with conditions that place them at higher risk. However, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer a requirement for team members at Duke Health.
Duke Health is offering a unique and innovative opportunity for pain management physicians seeking to provide clinical leadership and strategic direction that will define the future of pain management. Early identification and optimal balanced care will help achieve lasting results for patients in pain - through integrated pain care. This innovative model is one of the first in the country.
This position is 100% clinical and is part of our community-based practice. The applicant must be a deep subject matter expert who can drive execution and change through collaboration and relationships. This role will be partnered with a variety of team members to drive results aimed at improved population health outcomes, lower per capita health care costs, and improved patient experiences with health care delivery.
This role will help contribute to a community-based program that achieves vastly improved clinical quality, service, and cost outcomes.
- Be a critical part of our established community based integrated pain clinics: an innovative model that identifies patients at risk early and provides optimal care to ensure excellent outcomes.
- A whole patient approach with balanced multimodal analgesia, appropriate interventional procedures and enhanced complementary/non-pharmacological wellness.
- Manage a care team that includes advanced practice providers and licensed social workers, including training and establishing communication approaches
- Develop and implement a practice aggregation model with referring services
- Provide thoughtful leadership for telehealth expansion
- Active/unrestricted MD or DO
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine preferred.
- Ability to lead and work with a care team to enhance patient outcomes.
- Good understanding of quality improvement and risk management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Proven ability to work with people at multiple levels of the organization
Duke physicians enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
The Triangle area of North Carolina includes Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, and is consistently rated among the best areas in the country to live! With its array of family-friendly activities, exceptional schools and universities, premier shopping, and Research Triangle Parks high-tech research and development center, Raleigh/Durham offers something for everyone!
With a deep commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Duke University will honor yourexperiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working, learning and care environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment without regard to an individuals age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must attach your CV, select SUBMIT APPLICATION, and then complete the Duke required information on the next page.