Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Manager-Population Health Clinical Services
Duke Connected Care, a community-based, physician-led network, includes a group of doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers who work together to deliver high-quality care to Medicare Fee-for-Service patients in Durham and itssurrounding areas.
This new position will support the NC Integrated Care for Kids model – a Duke-based, pediatric model funded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in partnership with UNC Health System and NC Medicaid. The model launched in 2022 and serves 95,000 children insured by Medicaid or CHIP ages birth to 21 years old who live in one of five InCK Counties – Alamance, Durham, Granville, Orange or Vance. This role will support daily clinical operations of the Integrated Care for Kids (InCK) Care Integration Team, including leading alongside InCK’s Care Integration Director to oversee InCK’s Care Integration team based in a diverse set of institutions such as health plans, health systems, Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice, Head Start and schools and clinical operations and pilots. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, collaborative team that is working together to strengthen care management and integrated care for children insured through the state’s Medicaid and CHIP programs. Ideal candidates will be collaborative, comfortable with uncertainty and innovation, and have an interest in building cross-system solutions for serving children. The role will work closely with two Lead Integration Consultants and the InCK Managing Director to support a new service model as it rolls out in the InCK service area. For more on NC Integrated Care for Kids, please see www.ncinck.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee daily clinical operations of InCK Care Management Model. Establish and implement processes to promote the integration/coordination InCK’s core child services and integrated care model by providing day-to-day services to Integration Consultants and Family Navigators serving InCK enrolled children.
- Develop and lead ongoing training of Integration Consultant team in areas of mental and behavioral health in partnership with InCK Lead Integration Consultants. Collaborate with the InCK Managing Director in conducting leadership rounds to support workflow and staff engagement for InCK pilots.
- In collaboration with InCK Managing Director, manage relationships with health plans, health systems and care management teams with focus on strengthening the care integration model for children. Communicate through presentations and written material with external stakeholders about the model design.
- Develop and implement a strategy of data review and Performance Improvement for the NC InCK Care Integration team alongside the Managing Director and Lead Integration Consultants.
- Work with partners leading key InCK pilots in primary care practices and in referring to InCK’s care management model to assess progress, make changes, and convey status to InCK’s Executive Leadership
- Advise and update the InCK Executive Team on model operations and Integration Consultant team needs in child behavioral health.
- Review and monitor staffing levels and productivity.
- Evaluate clinical practice of specified discipline and review clinical records to ensure standards of care and quality of services are provided in accordance with InCK policies and guidelines for behavioral health components of the care management model. Keep up to date on model requirements from NC Medicaid and the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Ensure Duke is in compliance with all legal and regulatory standards for the InCK model.
- Prepare and monitor the budget components for the NC InCK clinical pilots and behavioral health needs at NC InCK. Perform analysis of financial information, reporting trends and patterns; prepare corrective action plan as necessary.
- Facilitate the Integration Consultant team process including the interdisciplinary communication and negotiation skills. Assist teams in development of team goals and standards in behavioral health; evaluate the educational and competency needs of staff.
- Manage and resolve concerns encountered by personnel in the development of objectives and goals, annual budgets, physical facility, equipment and supply needs, organizational structure, work distribution and operations process.
- Contribute to performance evaluations for team leaders in concert with the HR supervisors at the home sites of Integration Consultants.
Work requires completion of an accredited Bachelor's degree in a clinical field such as Nursing, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupations Therapy, Speech Therapy or a related field.
Work requires a minimum of five years of clinical experience, including supervisory experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Professional licensure or registration in a clinical field is required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.