Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Epic MyChart Application Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Durham
The Maestro Care (MC) MyChart analyst works across three distinct yet interrelated products: Community Connect, MyChart, & Epic Care Link, to deliver a comprehensive and streamlined experience to Duke University Health System (DUHS) patients and community provider partners as they daily interact with us on their healthcare needs. The successful analyst in this role is responsible for application build, test and validation, product deployment and daily operational maintenance. The team works cross functionally with other MC application teams in turn ensuring the overall function of the DUHS Electronic Health Record (EHR). In this role teamwork, collaboration, and drive are essential. Prospective applicants can find greater detail on each product at www.epic.com.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting, software configuration, and testing
- Ensures the security of technology solutions as guided by Team and Technical Leads
- Participates in the planning and delivery of customer training sessions on system use and application enhancements (new functionality) or revisions
- Completes moderately complex application build tasks and assists with large and/or complex projects under the guidance of Team and Technical Leads
- Updates system, operational and department documentation
- Monitors the incident management queue completing break/fix, maintenance, and system enhancement requests as assigned and prioritized by manager; maintains excellent communications (timely, clear & concise, accurate) with customers keeping them apprised of request status
- Recommends areas for process improvement
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and follows all change control processes defined within Maestro Care
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein
In addition to the duties described for Level 1, the Level 2 analyst will:
- Liase between MyChart and other Maestro Care application teams to ensure the smooth deployment and functioning of supported application; consults with Epic Technical Service support as warranted
- Assist in the build and execution of other MC application teams where those applications intersect with MyChart. Build support includes consultation and interpretation of clinical workflow, application build to support desired functionality, test, validation, ushering through change process to deployment, and other tasks
- Advise and assist with educational issues, including cross-training of team members, end-users and DHTS Service Desk via face-to-face, telephonic, and other training modalities
- Serve in the capacity of MC MyChart application expert for core application functionality
- Assist in the design and specification of bug-fixes to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment, as well as participate in design sessions and review of specifications for new features and enhancements in the Maestro Care EHR
- Develop and maintain test plans for new features ahead of planned releases
- Provide both business and after hours on-call support for issues pertaining to production as as signed
- Works closely with MC report writing teams to ensure accurate completion assigned operational and regulatory reporting needs
- Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.
- Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
- Level 1 - If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
- Level 2 - In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires: Certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature preferred.
Position requires Epic proficiency and/or certification in a relevant Epic application module. If candidate is not certified at time of employment certification must be obtained within a stated timeframe as agreed upon and documented with manager but generally within the first six (6) months at most.
Level 1 - Outstanding customer service, strong ability for critical thought, statistical reporting, Data coding - general data analysis and trending, excellent oral and written communication skills, foundational understanding of core application configuration, user technical support/training, ability to translate business process into a technical solution
Level 2 - In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 application analyst will demonstrate: foundational knowledge of project management to manage deliverables, design specifications for information systems, implementation of information systems, maintenance of information systems, quality assurance (may be required), adult learning and training methods (may be required)
**Preference for multi-lingual analyst, Spanish speaking if possible.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.