Nursing Care Assistant I- DUH - 4100 Adult General Medicine SD - Nights
Duke Health strongly recommends getting up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, especially for those with conditions that place them at higher risk. However, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer a requirement for team members at Duke Health.
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Nursing Care Assistant (Nights) – Duke University Hospital – Adult Medicine Stepdown (Unit 4100)
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care Assistant who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Adult General Medicine Intermediate/Stepdown Unit (4100) is comprised of 31beds. Our team of nursing staff provide exemplary care for a variety of complex patients with diagnosis such as Sepsis, Sickle Cell, GI Bleed, End Stage Renal Failure, Diabetes, Cirrhosis and Behavioral Health Disorders.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus Available to eligible candidates!
- Phenomenal teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration and professional respect – we offer a dynamic environment for professional development.
- Extraordinary unit culture that embraces each team member – a sense of belonging.
Shift: (3) 12 hour shifts 7PM-7:30AM 3 days a week.
The Nursing Care Assistant I performs a variety of non-professional nursing duties under the direct supervision of an RN/LPN to support patient care.
What you will do:
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
- Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and informing RN/LPN of information collected.
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and weighing patients.
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags, administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition.
- Turn and position patients, set up and feed patients as necessary, provide patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with appropriate training.
- Assist with admission, discharge, and transportation of patients.
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests on patient specimens.
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment as required.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required skills validation and attending educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old, IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding and urinary catherizations/irrigation.
What we will provide:
- Paid Training
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is committed to providing robust learning and development from the Office of Continuing Education
- Tuition Assistance
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Pension plan and much more.
What you will need:
- Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation.
- High School Diploma or higher.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke University Hospital
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.