NURSING INFORMATICS SYS SP I
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Duke University Health System Job Description:
Nursing Informatics Sys SP I (5364)
Job Title: Nursing Informatics Sys Sp I
DHTS (Duke Health Technology Solutions) Working Job Title: Virtual Care Nurse Strategic Associate
General Description of the Job Class
The Virtual Care (VC) Nurse Strategic Associate (NSA) will support implementation and optimization of virtual care services at Duke Health. The NSA has advanced knowledge and experience in virtual care delivery, performance improvement, and workflow re-design. The VC NSA has knowledge of the functions and applications of clinical information systems, telehealth regulation & accreditation standards, and common patient care standards relevant across both ambulatory & inpatient care settings. The NSA will provide operational support to optimize delivery of existing VC services and facilitate implementation of new VC services. To ensure ongoing alignment with clinical practice, this role will require occasional participation in virtual nursing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Analyze, interpret, modify, and design virtual care workflows.
- Implement virtual care applications, tools, processes, and structures that assist VC leadership (Director, Nurse Manager, and Nurse Coordinator) and clinicians in care delivery and VC operations improvements. Provide virtual care systems support, either directly or in collaboration with IT (Information Technology) peers as practical, including hardware maintenance, trouble shooting, component replacement and repair, system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of software; work with Digital Strategy Office (DSO) and entity peers to embed new digital offerings into existing workflows, creating new workflows as warranted. Participate in the planning and teaching of customer training sessions. Assist in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.
- Manage diverse telehealth projects and complex tasks with direction.
- Leverage available data and observation to recommend areas for process improvement with a particular focus on the strategic expansion of VC telehealth services across the enterprise.
- Establish and monitor performance targets for VC telehealth programs.
- Develop business plans to promote telehealth service optimization and expansion.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on VC operations and telehealth program performance metrics and areas of opportunities to enterprise business partners. Assist in making oral and written presentation to project teams, management, and stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein including patient-facing support as warranted to ensure the smooth operation of VC services.
Required Qualifications at this Level
BSN required along with coursework in mathematics, computer science or a computer-related field.
Work requires five years of clinical nursing experience to include at least one year of performance improvement experience. Experience in an area focused on performance monitoring and process improvement strongly preferred.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina required. BLS required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to use healthcare knowledge in developing quality oversight and process improvements of virtual care models. Ability to develop and execute strategies to expand virtual care telehealth services across organization. Interest in digital health innovation and willingness to learn about evolving telehealth technologies. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate thoughts and processes in visual presentation format; the demonstrated ability to project manage key initiatives from inception through successful delivery; demonstrated strategic thought leadership to solve for immediate workflow needs and long-term sustainability and growth; demonstrated ability to analyze available data to inform process improvement; Experience with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, Visio, and other software packages useful for the role.
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
he intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke Health Technology Solutions
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.