PROVIDER SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Duke Health strongly recommends getting up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, especially for those with conditions that place them at higher risk. However, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer a requirement for team members at Duke Health.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is an exceptional, multi-specialty physician practice encompassing 140 clinics across North Carolina. We attract and retain premier medical professionals with competitive compensation, benefits, and a nurturing work atmosphere that unites passion and purpose.
Learn more about us:
PDC Administrative Offices RTP - 4825 Creekstone Dr, Durham, NC
We are seeking a PROVIDER SUPPORT ASSISTANT with Duke Health Engagement Center located in Durham, NC, to perform administrative responsibilities of a complex and confidential nature in support of major departmental activities to maintain efficiency in organizational operations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen and route mail and documents; determine which to respond to or which to bring to supervisor's attention based on content of communication and broad knowledge of departmental programs and activities.
- Organize and maintain divisional or departmental files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of division or department; maintain up-to-date management and procedural manuals, directives and related records; interpret new directives, policies and regulations and inform appropriate personnel of changes.
- Assist in preparing complex reports and proposals requiring the identification of sources, compilation, analysis and evaluation of data.
- Review reports received for supervisor; check and compare with source documents and bring significant items, changes, errors or omissions to the attention of the supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of complex and diversified departmental or divisional budgets making recommendations and projections based on knowledge of program activities and departmental operations.
- Compose letters and statements independently requiring interpretation and application of departmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Take and transcribe dictation; type letters, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with general policy and factual correctness.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for seminars and conferences and establish appointments, meetings and speaking engagements for supervisor; attend meetings to take minutes, provide information and serve as a resource person; interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities and transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members; serve as liaison with administrative personnel and external agencies concerning University policies and procedures, grant administration and budgetary preparation and control.
- Advise and direct secretarial, clerical or other personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
JOB ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally equivalent to a high school education.
Work generally requires three months of clerical or general office support experience to become familiar with activities involved with providing routine clerical support.
The schedule for this position is day shifts, Monday-Friday, with no weekends or holidays.
Some roles within our organization may encompass essential job functions requiring distinct physical and/or mental capabilities. Further details and accommodation requests will be addressed by individual hiring departments.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment, fostering a diverse workforce without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We aspire to build a community grounded in collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our shared achievements rely on a dynamic exchange of ideas, flourishing best when a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences thrive. Upholding these values is a collective responsibility within our community.
This job description aims to outline representative responsibilities for this title, not an exhaustive account of specific duties. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks beyond those explicitly outlined here.
Explore Duke Health Integrated Practice
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.