Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Epic Revenue Cycle Analyst - Duke Health Technology Solutions - Remote
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems.
A 2020 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory, and analytics health information technology capabilities.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst couples knowledge of business practices/operations with knowledge of information systems to implement, maintain and support Duke IT applications.
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business including Duke Health Integrated Practice.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.
- Identifies internal resources to build project team performance.
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvement.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes for the Epic Revenue Cycle
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Well rounded Professional Billing Analyst (charge router/review, follow-up/denials, VFO, RAC, CRM, Estimates, batch jobs, etc.)
- Has Reporting Workbench and dashboard experience
- Applies best practices to the management of the information system life cycle.
- Analyzes, modifies, designs and researches information systems and processes.
- Analyzes customer requirements; researches, designs, acquires and implements innovative systems for Duke Health Integrated Practice and Duke Health System.
- Assists in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems for Duke Health Integrated Practice and Duke Health System.
- Provides analysis and advanced support including hardware maintenance, trouble shooting, component replacement and repair, system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions including maintenance and development of security plans.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments including Duke Health Integrated Practice and Duke Health System groups.
- Initiates, writes and evaluates system, operational and department documentation.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements across PRMO, Duke Health Integrated Practice and Duke Health System.
- In addition to the duties described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will:
- May function as a technical leader, either as a subject matter expert with proficiency in defined area(s) of the profession, or as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession.
- May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
- May conduct continuing education sessions and new employee training.
- Leads discovery sessions that document requirements and workflows, and proposes build to address customer needs.
- Optimizes departmental and interdisciplinary resources to maximize team.
- Has a leadership role in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems in support of PRMO, Duke Health System and Duke Integrated Health Practice.
- Coordinates and operationalizes complex projects.
This position may have an opportunity to work remotely. All Duke University and Duke Health remote workers must reside in one of the following states or districts: Arizona; California; Colorado; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Illinois; Maryland; Massachusetts; Montana; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Virginia; or Washington, DC.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Have general revenue cycle knowledge.
Be able to create documentation on workflows/processes.
Certification/Proficiency in Resolute Professional Billing Administration or any Epic module.
In addition to the requirements described for the Level 2, the Level 3 requires:
Certification/Proficiency in an area of application support of a technical or support nature strongly preferred.
Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required, three years is strongly preferred.
Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Data coding - general
Data analysis and trending
Effective oral and written communication
User technical support/training
Database management software
Ability to translate business process into a technical solution
Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
Designing specifications for information systems
Implementation of information systems
Maintenance of information systems
Quality assurance (may be required)
Adult learning and training methods (may be required)
In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will demonstrate: Ability to lead discovery sessions
Advanced technical consultation and support
Ability to design complex information systems
Implementation of complex information systems
Contract negotiation theory (may be required)
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.