Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Duke Raleigh Hospital - PRN
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
We are seeking a Nurse Anesthetist for our Duke Raleigh Hospital location to care for our patients before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery to ensure they’re free from pain. The new Duke Raleigh South Pavilion OR suite, which opened in August 2021, offers large operating rooms and expanded recovery suites, which will allow practitioners to take advantage of the latest and greatest technologies in surgical services.
Flexible scheduling options include tracks to work 8, 10, or 12-hour shifts.
The Triangle area of North Carolina, which includes Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, is consistently rated among the best areas in the country to live. With its array of family-friendly activities, exceptional schools and universities, premier shopping, and Research Triangle Park’s high-tech research and development center, Raleigh/Durham has something for everyone.
We Invite You to Apply If;
You are compassionate, patient, and have top notch interpersonal skills
Your goal is to promote patient’s well-being through exceptional care.
You are collaborative and excited to be part of a care team.
- Administer general anesthetics to render patients insensible to pain during surgical, obstetrical and other medical procedures; take necessary remedial action to aspirate secretions from throat larynx and trachea as required.
- Determine, set up and prepare necessary drugs, supplies and equipment for the administration of anesthetics; assemble gas machine and test to insure proper functioning; ensure availability of proper type blood for emergency use.
- Study patient records to determine probable effects of anesthetic on patient; monitor vital signs during course of procedure; take necessary action to ensure a near normal physiological status of the patient.
- Prepare patients for anesthesia to include explaining procedures and positioning patient on operating room table; record condition of patient and type of anesthetic used on patient's chart.
- Assist in moving patient from operating room to recovery area; check patient periodically and take remedial measures to alleviate unfavorable post anesthesia effects as required. Supervise and instruct student nurse anesthetists in the administration of general anesthetics; assist in evaluating clinical performance and progress; instruct residents, interns and allied health students in the procedures and techniques of anesthesiology.
- Disassemble equipment and clean work area; report necessary equipment repairs and adjustments to proper personnel.
- Maintain records of each anesthetic administered and prepare periodic reports related to activities. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Master's degree from a school of nurse anesthesia approved by the State Accrediting Agency and the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) is required.
- Current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina and BLS are required.
- Eligibility for certification by the AANA as a certified Nurse Anesthetist is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong patient assessment skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, customer service, adaptability, and change management
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing PC applications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
As you explore and apply to career opportunities with Duke Health, we want to alert you of possible fraudulent scams and phishing schemes targeted at job seekers. Duke Health will never ask for any financial contribution or to provide sensitive personal information outside of our application and background check process.