Radiation Oncology APP / Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cary Cancer Center
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Radiation Oncology APP (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
JOB LOCATION – Duke Cancer Center Cary Radiation Oncology
A Radiation Oncology Advanced Practice Provider (APP) augments a physician's ability to provide patient care services at our Duke Cancer Center Cary Radiation Oncology clinic in Cary, N.C. This APP will support our patients by interdependently scheduling, supervising and conducting diagnostic and therapeutic services and independently participating in the delivery of direct patient care within the scope of practice their license allows.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform H&Ps
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiologic studies
- Coordinates appropriate referrals for established patients
- Manages disease specific symptoms as well as acute and late onset radiation related effects
- Provides support to nursing in coordinating pacemaker care, discussion with cardiologists and device companies
- Provides disease specific and treatment modality education to patient and caregiver(s)
- Coordinates with multi-disciplinary team members to enhance care
- Completes timely documentation in the electronic medical record of all relevant data including results of diagnostic tests; laboratory results; patients’ condition and response to therapies and interventions
- Performs inpatient radiation oncology consults at local hospitals as part of the radiation oncology Wake County APP team
- Analyzes clinical practice patterns so as to provide the best medical care and to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participates in disease related Tumor Board conferences
- Mentors medical/NP/PA students who rotate through Radiation Oncology
- Provides cross coverage for Wake County radiation oncology APP team members
JOB ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
NP: Graduate of a MSN or DNP accredited nurse practitioner program
PA: Graduate of ARC accredited Physician Assistant Program, Master’s Degree or DMSc preferred
NP: National certification to treat adults, e.g., FNP, ANP, AGNP, ACNP, AGACNP
NP: Current unrestricted RN License issued by or recognized by the NCBON with authorization to practice as NP
PA: Current unrestricted license issued by NCMB with authorization to practice as PA
Both: Current unrestricted federal and state DEA#
- 1 year APP oncology experience preferred but will consider new or recent APP grad with RN or other oncology based knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbal and written communication across multiple care teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and work effectively under stressful situations
- Ability to use reasoning and resources to discover answers to problems
Primary hours will be Monday through Friday, day shift, with hours flexible to meet the needs of the patients.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Explore Duke Raleigh Hospital
Want to see where you’d be working? Check out this location and everything it has to offer you.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.