Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experience) - New to the OR - Duke Health - February Cohort
Duke Health strongly recommends getting up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19, especially for those with conditions that place them at higher risk. However, COVID-19 vaccination is no longer a requirement for team members at Duke Health.
Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experience) - New to the OR - Duke Health - February 2024 Cohort
Duke Heath System is now accepting RN (experienced and new graduates) applications to the New to the Operating Room training program for February Cohort!
New Grads and experienced RNs without OR experience are invited to consider the program.
New to the ORProgram is 6 - 9 months long program with an initial schedule of 5-8’s shift’s Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. After the initial 4-6 weeks, schedules will vary upon the management team’s discretion based on the needs of the unit, preceptor schedules, and progress of the individual nurse. After orientation, the entity or service line unit schedule will apply.
Required Start Date: February 12, 2024 if offered. (RN license required before this date)
Application and Video Interview: Apply online and upload your resume. Then, submit your video interview by clicking the following link: New to the OR Video Interview
Position Locations: Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital and Duke Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Duke Regional Hospital - Duke Regional Hospital is located in Durham, North Carolina. There are 13 operating rooms and 2 procedures that provide patient care for General, Bariatric, GYN, Neuro, Urology, Cardiac, Vascular, Plastics, ENT and Robotic surgical procedures. Duke Regional Hospital is small in size but big in caring for our patients, their loved ones and each other. RNs circulate in all surgical specialties in a community hospital environment with the resources and opportunities of the greater Duke Health system.
- Duke University Hospital - Consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research, Duke University Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center operating 24-hours, 7 days a week. There are 52 operating rooms and specialties include General, Cardiac, Pediatrics, ENT, Ortho, Plastics, Urology, Neuro, GYN and Duke Eye Center. RNs scrub and circulate in our specialty service lines.
- Duke Ambulatory Surgery Centers - The Duke Ambulatory Surgery Centers consist of 9 operating rooms providing care for patients needing same-day diagnostic and treatment-based surgical procedures. Specialty areas include Sports Medicine, Breast Surgery, ENT, Urology, Spine, GYN, Plastics and Pediatrics. RNs scrub and circulate in multiple ambulatory surgeries in a fast-paced weekday shift.
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience required:
- No previous work experience is required. Experienced RNs or New Grads welcome.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs atDuke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Serving With Purpose
You’ve always been called to care – and we share your dedication to making a meaningful difference in the community. With the entire team united through this purpose, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. You’ll have all the resources you need here to leave a legacy of exceptional service because at Duke Health we support you in your calling to care.
Awards and Recognition
Duke Health is consistently recognized as a top employer for our dedication to the team members and the patients we serve.
On Forbes list of Best Large Employers, we are the #1 healthcare recipient in North Carolina for 2023.
Our hospitals are consistently recognized as LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by Healthcare Equality Index.
We are among about 9 percent of U.S. hospitals that hold the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition honor.
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired recipient since 2018, honoring our ability to elevate the health and care of communities around the world.
We are proud to be named as the #1 healthcare system in North Carolina on Fortune’s America’s Most Innovative Companies 2023 list.
Jobs For You
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.
More About Duke Health
Upcoming Hiring Events
Check out our calendar of events to stay up-to-date on information sessions, webinars, and other events featuring new opportunities at Duke Health.
Benefits You’ll Love
We want to make your life better both in and out of work. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks that cater to you and your family.
What We Stand For
Our values define the work we do. Team members here share in these values, creating a community that is connected in purpose and committed to excellence.
With hospitals in Raleigh and Durham and over 140 specialty and primary care clinics around the Triangle region, there are many options to join Duke Health in the city and the suburbs.