Duke Health requires team members to receive the COVID-19 and influenza vaccines. After you have officially accepted a position at Duke Health, you may request a religious or medical accommodation.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Med/Surg - Pulmonary Stepdown Unit
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area.
For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Registered Nurse (New Grad or Experienced), Rotating - 15K Sign-on Bonus for Experienced RNs with 2+ Years of Experience!
Duke University Hospital – Pulmonary Stepdown Unit
Located in Duke North, 7th Floor (Unit 7800)
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Pulmonary Medicine Stepdown Unit (7800) is comprised of 28 beds, including 6 ventilator beds. Our patient population includes Advanced Lung Diseases (ALS), Pulmonary Hypertension, Cystic Fibrosis, Pre and Post Lung Transplant, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis as well as a variety of medical diseases involving all the body systems.
What makes us so unique?
- We are the only Adult Stepdown Unit at Duke University Hospital caring for ventilator patients.
- Our unique Coaching Program supports new grads in their first year of learning! We are a high functioning team with positive attitudes and a focus on Excellence and Compassionate Care.
You will work 3, 12 hour shifts, Days, 7a - 7p. Weekend Requirement:1 - 2 weekends every 4 weeks. Full Time. 36 hours per week.
What you will do:
As a Clinical Nurse in Duke University Health System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures under the supervision of the team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and identify resources available to assist in completing components of care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance improvement activities.
What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways – document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status, access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients, independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we’ll provide:
- Paid Training
- New Graduate Nurses: 8 weeks of paid orientation and monthly nurse residency classes and the completion of a unit-focused project.
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is committed to providing robust learning and development from Office of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Pension plan and much more.
What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma program.
***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Licensure and Certification Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification
To apply please email your CV / resume to email@example.com.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Registered Nurse (Experienced RN) On-Call Night Shift HomeCare, Hospice and Infusion Services
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Nursing Care Assistant II-Hospice Inpatient Unit-Night Shift-Weekend Option
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Part Time
Nursing Care Assistant II (Experience NCA II) Inpatient Hospice Unit-Night Shift
DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE Full Time
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You don't have recently reviewed jobs yet.
Jobs For You
Registered Nurse (Experienced) - Davis Ambulatory Surgery Center - Operating Room 40hrs
ASSOCIATED HEALTH SYSTEMS Full Time Durham, North Carolina
Registered Nurse (New RN or Experienced RN) PRN - Duke Outpatient Clinic - Durham
DUKE HOSPITAL PRN (Per Diem) Durham, North Carolina
REGISTERED NURSE (Experienced RN) - Infusion Center - Rotational Shift - Durham
DUKE HOSPITAL Full Time Durham, North Carolina
As you search for opportunities that fit your skills, any jobs you view will appear here.
You haven’t saved any jobs yet, but when you find an opportunity that seems right for you, bookmark it so you can return to it easily.